+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default PPL question re date

Hi all, I called centerlink this morning over this but they went much help! I have a EDD of October 15 and put this down as payment start date with centrelink and in my work report. I have elected to be paid through my employer. What I am wondering is, I normally get paid fortnightly from employer so my mat leave and PPL payment won't start to the following week being 22 Oct. However if I do have bub next week I am told I have to prove birth by providing forms to centrelink ect then payments will start. Obviously it will take time for them to receive documents so would I be back paid to OCt 15?and keep that as original start date? Or would PPL be adjusted to a new start date? And therefore I would have to adjust my return to work dates with work to allow me to receive the full 18 weeks? I hope this makes sense in what I am trying to ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure you get back paid to the start date you stated, from memory my ppl pay started about two weeks after I had DS (this was in march) and it was a larger sum on the first payment due to being back paid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep back paid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls glad to know one less thing to worry about

Similar Threads

1. What would you do? Induction date question...
    By minipolly2b in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-04-2013, 16:58
  2. Calculating due date question?
    By hummingbird1 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 16:41
  3. Help with ovulation/conception date & potential due date
    By Tropical Bub in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-01-2013, 14:25