+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dansci0, in regards to sleep, are you worried? I have returned to part time work and my DH and mum share care and struggle to get her to sleep, mum is really worried, saying lack of sleep will affect her development. I'm not worried at this stage as 90% of the time she sleeps through the nite, not sure at what stage I should be worrying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm trying to do
    6/6.30am. Bottle
    7.30am. Breakfast
    8.00am. Nap
    11.30am. Lunch
    Nap
    1.00pm. Bottle
    3.00pm. Nap
    4.30pm. Dinner
    5.45pm. Bath
    6.00. Bottle
    6.30. Bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMillie View Post
    Dansci0, in regards to sleep, are you worried? I have returned to part time work and my DH and mum share care and struggle to get her to sleep, mum is really worried, saying lack of sleep will affect her development. I'm not worried at this stage as 90% of the time she sleeps through the nite, not sure at what stage I should be worrying.
    Not worried at all, my dd doesn't struggle to fall asleep she's very quick to do that she just doesn't sleep for long periods during the day although will sleep straight through the night. As for development don't be worried unless you as a mother feel she isn't developing as you feel she should. If anything my dd is ahead not to big head myself but she talks/ says her name dada papa hello yes etc (not mummy yet 😱) shakes her head and does no no with her index finger , crawls , and when held up very very eager to walk! So I doubt the small sleeps during the day are affecting her development. I actually read somewhere that children this age sometimes struggle to sleep because they have learnt something new and are too eager to keep doing it. Has ur dd learnt something new recently?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS is almost 10 months old. His routine is:
    630: bottle & breakfast. I find this the hardest meal, he's not keen on cereal. I find the jar of muesli his favourite but I hate giving him jars all the time.
    700: play
    8/830 nap
    10/1030 wake & bottle.
    1115: arrive at daycare and they give him lunch. He'll eat a bowl of whatever is on the menu or veggies.
    1230: nap. He'll only sleep an hour or so for this nap.
    230 bottle
    330 snack, often yoghurt
    I pick him up at 4, often we will go on a coffee date!
    5/530/6 dinner. He has a bowl of whatever we are eating, plus fruit plus custard or yoghurt
    630 bath then a play or cuddles or a story
    8pm bottle then bed!

I love reading all these routines, gives me ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^ this week I have been trying bub with oats (those fine microwaveable plain ones) and mixing with fruit/ have tried apricot, banana, prune and apple and she loves it! She is picky too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    ^ this week I have been trying bub with oats (those fine microwaveable plain ones) and mixing with fruit/ have tried apricot, banana, prune and apple and she loves it! She is picky too!
    Oooo thank you, I'll give it a go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    I also do microwave porridge with fruit mixed in.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS2 is 9.5 months. He has a mix of finger foods and very chunky spoon fed meals.

5.30-6: wake up & bf
    7.30: porridge with chopped dried apricots, sultanas & grated apple/pear
    8:45-9: nap (1-1.5 hrs)
    10.30: bf
    12: lunch, lentils with sweet potato & carrot or steak with mashed veggies or mini quiches made with grated veg - I always give protein at lunchtime
    1-1.30: nap (40 mins to 1.5 hrs)
    2.30: bf
    5: dinner, just started giving him whatever we are eating but before this it was always mashed veggies.
    6: bf
    6.30: bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    God just in regards to these routines how the hell do your babies go without a catnap in mid/Late arvo? Means they are up for around 4-5 hours before bed.... Mine I'm sure would lose it completely by 5!! And I'm not willing to put her to bed really early other DH would never see her during the week
    Edit: mind you I'm not complaining about mine still napping 3 times a day lol! She sleeps 11 hours at night (maybe 1 wake up around 4-5) so I know she's not sleeping too much during the day for her!

This has been really reassuring for me to see others routines and mine is not that much different, especially struggling with breakfast and basically no meat yet (until recently my dd was breast feeding minimum 6 times a day )
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 11-10-2013 at 06:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Every day varies, depending on what's on.

Will write more later.