+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 9 month feeding routine

Hi all
    Just wondering what your babies feeding routine is? What time do u do milk/solids/snacks and how much?
    Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds is 9mths or rotine runs like this:
    7-8am wake up and have breakfast. Usually weetbix/baby cereal/oats made with formula and fruit puree mixed in. Toast/muffin/raisin toast/crumpet. water to drink.
    play
    10am small nap then get dressed.
    10.30 morning tea. Usually yoghurt and some cut up fruit he feeds himself. Water to drink.
    We usually all go out now and come home for lunch.
    12pm lunch. if not leftovers then it varies from pasta with tomato or cheese base sauce/vegie and lentil puree/wholemeal sandwitch with avo, cheese spread or vgemite and cheese. Then Fruit and custard afterwards. water to drink.
    play, usually outside
    1pm sleep for 2-3hrs
    3.30-4pm arrowroot biscuit/plain cruskit/apple cinnamon pikelet/banana and saltana bread and a drink of water
    play, watch playschool
    5pm dinner is whatever we had the previous night. (last night was spag bol) ds feeds himself dinner. Fruit afterwards and a small serving of rice pudding (no sugar, bworn rice) i made with formula.
    6pm get bath ready/top to toe wash/into pjs for both kids.
    6.45pm 50-100mls formula in a sipper cup
    7pm both kids bed for the night. they both sleep through.

i also have a toddler and ds eats what and when she does now. ds is keen to feed himself, its so easy thesedays.
    on tuesdays we have playgroup at 9am so ds misses his morning nap and has a 12pm-3pm nap instead with lunch at 11.
    on wednesdays dd goes to creche at 9.30am, so ds will have his morn nap on the run or in the stroller if i decide to go out srtaight from creche drop off.

Edit: ds weaned himself from bottles very early, is not interested in formula (never really was since 6mths old when i weaned him from the breast) so i get it into him however i can.
    Last edited by Lakey; 10-10-2013 at 13:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    God my 8.5 month old is nothing like that!!!!! (Edit: just read your edit about not wanting formula no wonder its different lol) She's not a big eater and is breastfed too.

Day looks roughly like this
    4-5ish if wakes breast feed back to sleep
    Up at 6-645 (breastfeed now if slept through)
    7 breakfast (1/3 jar baby porridge) and crust from my toast
    730 breastfeed (if didn't have one at wake up )
    Nap (1-1.5hrs)
    10ish small snack of fruit in mesh feeder and very small drink water
    11 breastfeed
    12 lunch (a few tablespoons homemade veggie purée) and crust from my sandwich and small water
    Nap (1-1.5hrs)
    2ish small snack (jelly or custard or yogurt or fruit in feeder) with small amount water
    3 breastfeed
    Catnap (40 min)
    5 dinner (few tablespoons fruit purée with cereal) and small water and maybe a taste of something soft from my dinner at 6 (ie hot chip or small bit of cheese)
    630 breastfeed
    7pm bed

Some days she eats really well other times she's not interested. Not bothered at this stage (food before 1 is just for fun). Looking to cut down to 3 breastfeeds by 12 months (morning noon and tea) hopefully!!! Trying to introduce meat but am struggling a bit, she sometimes has tiny amount puréed at lunch but usually rejects it even when mixed with veggies

Just Started blending up veggies and fruit so they are chunkier with soft lumps

Every baby is different though. And mine still naps 3 times a day and doesn't look like dropping to 2 any time soon, gets overtired easily. I love 3 naps a day lol!

Edit: fruit size is usually a couple of cm so not much at all, more a tool to keep her busy lol. I only started introducing snacks in past couple of weeks. 4-5 tablespoons at meal times is the MOST she will eat. Breakfast is usually the one she ignores, dinner the best. Water is very small a few sips, breast feed babies will not drink much.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 10-10-2013 at 15:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd was exactly the same as my ds. I just don't make babies who like milk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 9mth DD is breast fed & this is her current routine

5am - breast feed & back to bed with me.
    7am - wake up
    7.15am - breakfast, rice cereal & a bit of toast
    8.30am - morning sleep
    10.00 - wakes up & has a cuddle
    10.15 - yoghurt
    Playtime
    11.00 - avocado sandwich
    11.45 - breast feed
    12pm - sleep
    2.00 - wake up & cuddles
    2.15 - fruit snack
    Playtime
    4.30 - dinner (veg & meat/chicken)
    5.00 - bath, breast feed & bed

** DD is usually asleep by 5.30 **
    I have just gone back to work 2 days per week, I would love for her to be awake longer but she just doesn't cope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    6am wake, breastfeed
    8am breakfast, often doesn't eat much at all - perhaps a few bits of cereal and a spoonful of weetbix
    9am nap for 1-2 hours
    11am breastfeed
    12pm lunch - often finger food
    1/2 nap for 1-2 hours
    Afternoon tea when wakes (usually a homemade Savoury muffin)
    5pm dinner
    6.30pm breastfeed then bed by around 7.30 (she's hard to get to sleep at night).

Most nights now she doesn't have a night feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do this for my just 10 month old.
    630 up bottle. If she wakes earlier I give her a toy in the cot or try to tuck her back in for more sleep.
    800 breakfast (scrambled eggs, weetbix, porridge, yogurt or fruit puree something. She doesn't eat huge amounts)
    9/930 nap
    1030 bottle
    1230 lunch (puree or fruit..cruskit with avo etc)
    Play/go out
    2/230 bottle
    230 nap
    400/430 up play
    500 dinner (puree or soft foods. Plus fruit or yogurt)
    600 bath
    630 story/bottle/bedtime.
    1030 dream feed.
    She's also offered water throughout the day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD just turned 9mths.
    6-7am wake up, breast feed.
    8.30 breakfast(toast/weetbix/porridge or yoghurt).
    10 sleep (40min-2hrs, usually 40).
    11-12 breast feed.
    12-1lunch(puréed veg/chicken/pasta).
    1-3 sleep (40mins-2hrs, usually 40).
    3-4 breast feed.
    6 dinner (puréed veg/meat/pasta).
    6.30 bath, breast feed.
    7-8 bed. (occasionally has 1 breastfeed if she wakes through the nite)

Has sippy cup of water through day, also snacks (veg sticks,rice cake,fruit, diluted juice ice block)

Pretty good with routine but day sleeps are a huge issue, usually only two 40mins!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my dd Is 9 months next week. Great eater never had a problem both milk and solids. This is her routine give or take.
    7.30am wake up cuddles in bed with me
    7.45am 180mls formula
    9am breakfast puréed fruit (bit lumpier now) which I cook added to farex and milk Dash of cinnamon
    10.30 nap
    Play
    12pm lunch pastina occasionally cous cous mix with veggies/ cheese/ basil etc my dd loves flavours
    chopped up fruit blueberries watermelon rockmelon banana etc
    Play
    2-2.15 bottle and nap
    3.45-4pm yoghurt
    5.30 dinner veggies/occasionally meat/chicken
    fruit and small amount of custard
    7pm bath
    7.30 cuddles with dad then bottle and bed by 7.45-8pm
    Dd has water all through the day and I cook all her foods including custard. The only food she has that's bought is her yoghurt and I give her the vaalia my first yogurt one.
    Lately she has been having extra foods to taste but as a meal she always finishes her veggies/meat before she tastes something of ours.
    😀😀😀😀😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMillie View Post
    DD just turned 9mths.
    6-7am wake up, breast feed.
    8.30 breakfast(toast/weetbix/porridge or yoghurt).
    10 sleep (40min-2hrs, usually 40).
    11-12 breast feed.
    12-1lunch(puréed veg/chicken/pasta).
    1-3 sleep (40mins-2hrs, usually 40).
    3-4 breast feed.
    6 dinner (puréed veg/meat/pasta).
    6.30 bath, breast feed.
    7-8 bed. (occasionally has 1 breastfeed if she wakes through the nite)

Has sippy cup of water through day, also snacks (veg sticks,rice cake,fruit, diluted juice ice block)

Pretty good with routine but day sleeps are a huge issue, usually only two 40mins!
    Tell me about it my dd only has 2 sleeps usually 40-45min a day!! Very rare for her to go longer. I guess I shouldn't complain as my dh puts it, she sleeps 12 hours straight through and had been since she was 3 weeks old!