+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirine View Post
    They are accurate based on the details provided especially for a new claim. Just remember any changes through the financial year will affect anything you have already received and the system will auto reduce your payments so you don't end up with a debt. But for the most part you should get a result that is pretty close

Sent from my GT-I8730T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We haven't had any changes except DS being born.
    Hubby has had same job and I've gone on PPL at the end of my pregnancy.

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    As the title suggests, I'm curious how accurate the inline estimator is for family tax benefit.

I've worked 3 days a week since having DD and my maternity leave ending.

I've had baby #2 and on leave currently for him.

Child care (even with the rebate) is still going to take a decent chunk out of my wages....so I looked on the estimator which has told me I would be better off not working.

We would be relying on hubby's wage & family tax benefit a&b

Did you do an estimate & it was pretty accurate?

It sounds to good to be true that we would be entitled to this money.

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby
    Unfortunately this is true. It is worth working with 1 but the more you have the less days you are better off working.. for example when I had 2 I had to drop to 3 days a week as that was the most financially viable.. then with the third one 2 days is the most optimal.. as in I earn $5000 LESS a year after childcare and tax if I were to work 3 days instead of 2. Retarded isn't it? Yet SAHM's often complain about all the benefits us working parents get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    Financially.

If I'm putting my 2 kids in daycare 3 days a week and the money I earn working is only enough to cover day care & petrol to get to work I feel if be better off staying at gone with them.

Probably returning to the work force when they are school age.

My husband works full time of course so it's not like we are relying on centrelink. It would be the first time in my adult life I've not had a job.

DH & I
    I think you get 50% back for child are costs don't you? Are you still better off financially if you don't work?

I've just applied for our girl care rebate as DS has been in care 2 days per week since feb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you also need to consider the value of staying in the workforce. It may not be that easy to get a job in five years time. You will have outdated skills etc. just something to keep in mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    I think you also need to consider the value of staying in the workforce. It may not be that easy to get a job in five years time. You will have outdated skills etc. just something to keep in mind.
    I have considered this....i agree. It's a tough choice to make.

I do really feel like I'm sick of this job. I've had it for 8 years. I kind have always felt i was going to be stuck there forever, and this could be how break free and later find something else.

I understand jobs aren't always that easy to come by and I'm not making my choice by haste. I really need to think about the pros and cons.

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work full time and when I found the calculator I nearly died- after child care, petrol and tax (I work 10 min from home so hardly spending a fortune on petrol) I am working for $500 a fortnight more than if I was a full time Sahm mum. That's with working weekends and the kids in crèche 3 days a week instead of 5.... If they were in crèche 5 days a week of loose money by working