+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 yo diet

Hi can you guys please share what ur 2 yo eats in an average day? What foods, meal times and portion sizes including snack? My 2yo dd has simply stopped eating properly and started to graze, I think? Has also no interest I. Any fruit or veg ATM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds usually has one weetbix for breaky, bowl of yoghurt for morning tea, a wholemeal promite sandwich for lunch, bowl of fruit for afternoon tea and veg and meat for dinner eg. Pea and tuna bake

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Breakfast - small bowl of cereal, maybe half a piece of toast, oat milk or a smoothie.

Morning tea - bowl of puffed corn, banana chips, puffed rice, a few small biscuit things, etc

Lunch - a plate with chopped cucumber, capsicum, fruit, muffin, corn thins with peanut butter.

Afternoon tea - fruit

Dinner - whatever we are having. Often doesn't eat much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quite normal at that age, I found my DS went from an eating machine at 1 to a grazer at 2 and now ( turns 3 next week ) he eats what I think is a normal days food
    Eg today-
    Breakfast - 2 egg pancake with tomato, cheese and herbs and some fruit

Morning tea - rice cakes with avocado

Lunch - chicken, cheese, spinach mountain bread wrap

Afternoon tea - yogurt and an apple

Dinner - fish tacos

He drinks water all day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very normal to graze and be picky and it can also be then trying to asert some independence. Dont worry they will eat if hungry just keep offering.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Ds grazes but I dont mind so long as it's semi healthy. Porridge breakfast and then fruit, rice crackers, sandwiches, ham, cheese, boiled egg, fruit etc at whatever time he wants thru the day. Dinner is whatever we have and sometimes he won't eat it but has a banana or sandwich instead. He'll grow into proper mealtimes later I guess :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd 2.5 at 8am will have cereal weetbix/oats/Cheerios with cut up banana mixes in. Then nibble on some toast/crumpet/muffin/raisin toast.
    morning tea at 10am usually yoghurt she will have a mouthful
    lunch at 12.30 sandwich/baked beans/pasta with tomato or cheese based sauce. Will have a few mouthfulls. Then a piece of fruit afterwards she will pick at.
    3.30 arvo tea 200ml cup of milk and a biscuit
    5.30 dinner she often doesn't eat at all.
    if she eats dinner she gets desert at 6.30 which is either 2 fruits/custard/rice pudding.
    7pm bed. She sleeps through till 8am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your reply. She still has milk at bed time, been trying to cut it out but no luck just yet, I thought it might be the problem, she has no interest in breakfast of any kind?? Today she woke at 7 am lazed about with me in my bed for over and hour ( me 33 weeks pregnant and super tired lol ) before she wanted to get up and brush teeth, get ready etc. she was awake for a full 1 1/2 hours before I even mentioned breakfast, she sat down had 2 spoon fulls and said she was done? 45 min later ate 1 small piece of whole meal toast? Is that normal? Only drinks water when wakes up!!