+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Play groups - how much do you pay?

So we've recently moved to a new area, which means finding a new play group for DS to join.

We were very spoilt to have access to a free play group in our old area which was run through the local primary school.

I've made some enquiries and it looks like it's more common to have to pay to attend a lot of play groups (which is fine, they've got to fund it somehow!).

I'm just curious - how much do you pay for your child's play group? Do you have to pay per term or per attendance?

The one I'm looking at is $50.00 per term, and you can attend once or twice for free before you decide to become a paying regular.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ours is $60 per semester (half-year) which I think is pretty cheap! That basically covers hall hire, maintenance, cleaning and purchase of new toys, art & craft supplies and equipment.

It is not a facilitated playgroup so there's no structure involved - very casual but it works for us. I do think the facilitated playgroups obviously cost more as you are then paying for a person to actually 'run' the group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ours is about $20 each per term. It depends how many people we have so it varies each term. We work it out per family, some mums have 2 kids and some of us just the 1 - we agreed to all pay the same.

We also pay about $35 per year for Playgroups NSW membership.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    We also pay about $35 per year for Playgroups NSW membership.
    Yes, I was told I'd need to purchase this as well (if we decide to join).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I pay $35 a term. This is for hire of the space & grounds and use of toys, craft supplies etc. Ours is not a facilitated group so very casual. Think I paid about $60 for a year membership with playgroup Qld too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, didn't realize they cost so much. The local ones I think I've seen about $2 when you go but we are lucky enough to go to one funded by Vic gov called small talk and the council runs it with it being totally free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $15 per term.

In vic u get 3 free visits then its $30 full membership or $20 concession to playgroup vic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ours is free, it's run through mission australia. They even do a healthy morning tea for the kids and mums and its at an amazing purpose built centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Going by the responses so far, I'm starting to think I might be paying top dollar for this potential play group!

There's another one close to home that is fairly structured and it's $20 per attendance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is $5 for each week we attend. That covers food and all activities and there's a staff member who runs it (its run at our local school) .

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app