+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's is NOT ok at all! Speak to the director, if it doesn't resolve the issue I'd be taking things further. Poor little guy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ive worked in child care for over 6 years and what you need to do is write an email or letter. Generally anything in writing HAS to be followed up correctly.

I wouldn't go to the extremes of getting outside people involved as I have had the unfortunate experience of witnessing a staff member who was wrongly accused of something (long story short but the child made up a story and everything was taking out of control- the woman nearly lost her job until the little girl eventually told her parents that she had lied and its taken the woman years to move on from it- she is still working at the centre but it really hurt her)
    So I can see huge ramifications from getting outside people involved until you've covered everything else first.

When I worked in child care we generally discouraged comfort toys from toddler ages and up- only due to the fact many children were feeling left out because their own parents wouldn't allow them to bring toys and also if the comfort toy got lost it would be very distressing for the child.

However- I have a daughter who loves her comfort toy and so I have been able to talk to her carer and she would only have it at drop off and sleep time (although she doesn't have it at day care anymore)

Now in saying all that, I dont work in child care any longer, but there is definitely a path you can take with any grievances. Your centre should have in their policy and procedure manual (which you should have access to) what to do in the event you have a grievance with a staff member- generally if she is an assistant you would talk to the group leader, then the director. However I would write it down- I think its something to with the legalities of it all but anything written must be followed up.

When I read your first post I thought it might just be a misunderstanding but then I read your second and it does sound like the woman is a bit of a ***** (also not uncommon to find in child care unfortunately- especially when they have ties with management)

Your child is clearly distressed on Wednesday's and this should be brought to the centres attention. If his actions are like you say they are then he is definitely not coping - and it could be a variety of reasons including him not feeling comfortable with thr carer anymore.

Good luck with it, I hope you reach a positive outcome. Just make sure you put it in writing and let them know exactly whats happening and any conversations between you and the carer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just wondering what people's thoughts are on alternative childcare?

The wait lists are ridiculously long and I know that one of the reasons for this is because the legal requirements and policies for setting up a centre are so restrictive, labour intensive from an administrational aspect and costly with high rent and other goverment fees, that it puts people off setting something up. Which keeps mums locked in a cycle of only a handful of centres to pick from, which may or may not have decent people working in them. Leaves parents with really no choice.

So what if the alternative is a home situation or rented space run by a group of childcare professionals, assistants and nannys at the parents request. Is this a way to not only help parents but help business owners provide more childcare?

Obviously this would mean no rebates but if the price for care was mid range and the ratios, space and location meets parents satisfaction, then wouldn't this make for a reasonable alternative and if so, would you as a parent be happy to leave your child with a carer or carers from a centre that isn't licensed, in the traditional sense?

Some wait lists are 900 long and growing and what with some corporate sponsored centres recently pulling the plug, there are even more children and parents facing a dead end with regards to childcare options.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What an awful situation? Do you have family or friends that can look after him on a Wednesday while you go through the formal complaint process or until the end of the year. Poor boy, she's a cow.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Julsyk View Post
    Hi, just wondering what people's thoughts are on alternative childcare?

The wait lists are ridiculously long and I know that one of the reasons for this is because the legal requirements and policies for setting up a centre are so restrictive, labour intensive from an administrational aspect and costly with high rent and other goverment fees, that it puts people off setting something up. Which keeps mums locked in a cycle of only a handful of centres to pick from, which may or may not have decent people working in them. Leaves parents with really no choice.

So what if the alternative is a home situation or rented space run by a group of childcare professionals, assistants and nannys at the parents request. Is this a way to not only help parents but help business owners provide more childcare?

Obviously this would mean no rebates but if the price for care was mid range and the ratios, space and location meets parents satisfaction, then wouldn't this make for a reasonable alternative and if so, would you as a parent be happy to leave your child with a carer or carers from a centre that isn't licensed, in the traditional sense?

Some wait lists are 900 long and growing and what with some corporate sponsored centres recently pulling the plug, there are even more children and parents facing a dead end with regards to childcare options.

Thoughts anyone?
    Maybe you should start your own thread rather than hijacking this one.

Op, that carer sounds like a b1tch, if you can find an alternative child are option, you should move him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Maybe you should start your own thread rather than hijacking this one.
    This was Julsyk's first post, maybe she doesn't know to start a new thread???

Welcome to bubhub Julsyk! Most of the time you'll find it friendly here. If you would like to ask a question or get some advice, please post your question in a new thread. That way each thread can stay on topic Good luck!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (10-10-2013),ExcitedMummyxxx  (09-10-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (10-10-2013),JumpingInPuddlesxxx  (09-10-2013),wilding  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    This was Julsyk's first post, maybe she doesn't know to start a new thread???

Welcome to bubhub Julsyk! Most of the time you'll find it friendly here. If you would like to ask a question or get some advice, please post your question in a new thread. That way each thread can stay on topic Good luck!

You're right that was my first thread and although I don't know how to start my own one yet, it was actually meant also as a response to this thread as a solution.

thank you for your compassion and kindness my beloved x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Julsyk For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Julsyk View Post
    You're right that was my first thread and although I don't know how to start my own one yet, it was actually meant also as a response to this thread as a solution.

thank you for your compassion and kindness my beloved x
    I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was your first post! Sorry!

I hope I didn't scare you away from Bubhub! I'm normally nice, my post sounded really nasty, didn't it! Sorry again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the full replies from everyone but here is my 2 cents.

I've just left my position in daycare due to morning sickness, tiredness and the risk of being reinfected with CMV in this setting.

Firstly, no child is to be placed in time out or excluded from the group. Although it is suggested to keep comforters for rest time - it is up the the child and parent.

I'd tell the centre director that you want a formal complaint placed and you wish to speak with head office.

They aren't following with policy, procedure and EYLF