+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re childcare

Ok..

So my son has been going to the same child care for 2 years.. about 4 months ago there was an incident with one of the carers where she told him off for playing rough...

I think he was put in time out... and she spoke to him quite nastily. .. I don't know the details

She is in his class on a Wednesday. ...

Since this incident he changes as soon as he sees her... hes too frightened to go wherever she is... he won't eat in front of her because hes scared she will take his food....

All the carers let the kids bring in a comfort toy and they xan play with iy during the day... she takes his comfort toy off him...

On Wednesday's he is inconsolable. ..

He shuts down and cries silently by himself which is not him...

Im wondering what I should do as I work and cant find alternative care on Wednesdays

The cc know of the issues as he tells them quite well that hes frightened and they can quite obviously see the change in him instantly

He only has four months left before going to school. ..

The cc are family owned and the carer that ds has a problem with is the sister of the owner so don't really do anything. ..

I don't like the stress it puts my son under

I know it sounds like he is just being a sook but seeing a child the way he is around her is awful

Any advice would be amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow I'd be ****ED off if that happened toy DS. I don't think he's being a sook poor little guy.

Why does she take his comfort toy off him? She sounds like a total bish!!

I don't have any advice really as you say u don't have other care for him

It sounds to me like she's been nasty on more than one occasion if your DS is acting this afraid of her (especially since she's taking his toy off him)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be lodging a formal complaint. Don't care if she was the owner...having a child that scared of her is outrageous.

It is totally unacceptable that she singles him out...as the grown up she should be working on the relationship. He should be able to have his toy, he should feel safe and secure and he should not be abused.

If the other staff can also see the change in him...then they should be taking action!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (09-10-2013),beebs  (09-10-2013),Lauzy  (09-10-2013),SAgirl  (09-10-2013),SugarSkull  (09-10-2013),Witwicky  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh, and I don't think your DS is being a sook! He is 4 ffs...and she is an adult and is intimidating him!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

anonyme  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I assume you have spoken to the Director? What did they say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She must treat him poorly if he is that afraid of her. Why does she take his comfort toy from him? Have you spoken to her directly? You mentioned you don't know the details of the incident... Did you ask what happened?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Report her and make sure they take you seriously. Too bad if she is the owners sister, she is obviously singling out your son. I hope your son is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I picked him up the day it happened I was told they were outside and he walked up to a child and punched him in the nose....

I was extremely shocked that he would do that as he is very well behaved especially in cc

I was also very shocked because the child they said he punched is his best friend

And she said they she put him in time out

Ds wasn't there when I spoke to the lady
    So didn't know I knew

When we got in the car I asked him if he hit the child and he said

No they were playing super heros (which is what they play every time I pick ds up)

He then said (will call her bonni) yelled at him and sat him in the corner...

I understand putting him in time out...

I don't believe he punched him in the nose

I have spoken to the lady a 2 weeks after it5 happened (only see her every Wednesday) as he had shut down both days he saw her...

I was very polite

I said is it ok if (ds) holds his toy as its his comfort toy

She then loudly said "well no im not going to give your child special treatment"

That afternoon when I picked him up there were notes stapled on every childs bag saying "its ok yo bring a toy to cc but they encourage the child to leave it in their bags.. they can go hug the toy etc through the day"

The next day and every day the other carers (when bonni isnt there) are like "are you going to go show your friends your toys...blah blah blah" they let him hold them carry them around. ....

I spoke to one of the owners...

As ds wouldn't walk through the door and she asked him why and he yelled "look look bonni bonnis here I cant"

She told be if there were issues they would review her etc... and that he probably just plays up because im there...

I don't believe that...

Im going to talk to the owner this afternoon and see what can be done because I don't want to keep sending him on Wednesdays if this is how its going to be.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be absolutely furious. Lodge a formal complaint.

As an aside, all children should have access to their comfort toys when needed. That's the whole point of having a comfort toy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sounds terrible. Perhaps a call to Child Safety might get them to take the situation seriously.