+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone use only an iPad?

My laptop died and I'm wondering if I can get by on just an iPad (and my iPhone).

Do I need a computer for upgrades etc?

Can I catch up on tv shows I've missed? Actually I know that answer with the new channel 7 and 10 apps.

Can I see full websites to utilise them better? For example you can't do everything on Facebook on your phone like settings and editing.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and what about word / excel etc? Does apple have an equivalent or can you load them on an iPad?

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I use mine for everything except word processing type stuff. I have the Pages app which is a little like Word, but I do a lot of formatting in my documents and it became frustrating and far too clunky without a mouse. I watch all my TV shows on it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have only an iPad and find it ok 99% of the time. There are two apps which are similar to Word and Excel - Pages is the Word equivalent and Numbers is the same as Excel. They are both very similar to the Microsoft versions but do have less features. As for file storage, you can use Dropbox where you can create folders etc.
    Yes, you can view full websites on iPad (unlike iPhone) but occasionally I come across one which is not very compatible and a pain to navigate.
    The only time I need the 'real' computer is when I need to scan documents to be emailed etc. In these cases I get my husband to bring home his work laptop, but this happens probably only a couple of times a year.
    But apart from that I love my iPad! I love that unlike a computer you don't have to wait for it to start up and it is so portable, I sit on the couch at night with it and it has also been great when we have gone travelling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info! I can still use my broken laptop for word and excel etc. just not Internet based things so I'm thinking the iPad is the way to go.

I mainly just use it for Facebook, online shopping, catching up on tv etc.

Actually I have a laptop for work which I completely forgot about! So really that's a few minutes of all our lives we'll never get back!!

I did learn a few things though 😊

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigweeBigwee For This Useful Post:

harvs  (09-10-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Tablets can't play things that require adobe flash player (unless there is some way around this?). So that's something to keep in mind.
    I personally couldn't imagine a tablet replacing a full pc. They just can't function to the same extent.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My laptop died a year a go and I've been using iPad since though recently bought a MacBook pro as now we are having a bub I want somewhere to download, store and burn photos onto.that's really the only reason I got it, I use it for Internet browsing too when hubby hogs the iPad