+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default UK / Europe

Whos done it with kids? Who did you fly with? Where did you go? How long did you stay? What was your budget? Any advice welcomed!!

Dh has rellies over in Liverpool, and Id really love them to meet the kids, especially their Great Grandma while she is still around. I just have to work out if we can afford it.

Obviously accommodation in UK would be free. Ireland is a must (to take my Grandma's ashes home). Would also like to see some other places since we'd be spending alot of $$ just to get over to that part of the world!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing - we are probably going to Scotland next year with a 2.5 year old and a 6 month old eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing too -- and same as PP exactly -- we're looking at going next year when DS is 2.5 & belly-bub will be 6 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmummy View Post
    Subbing - we are probably going to Scotland next year with a 2.5 year old and a 6 month old eek!
    Lucky you! That's where I am from. Haven't taken my DS back yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should add my 2 are currently 2.5 & 6 months. Hoping to go within the next year so they will probably be almost 3.5 and almost 1.5. We've done lots of holidays in Australia with ds, none with dd yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took DD when she was 12 months - to see family in London. Also took Eurostar to Belgium for a mini break and got an internal cheapo flight to Dublin (don't book internals from Aus unless they are included in your intl flight).
    We are going back June next year (4yo and 18month old). Emirates/Etihad have early bird deals now. I booked yest for the 4 of us for $5k....which is great.

I'm not a fan of exit row seats as the arms don't go up so kids can't stretch out and rest head in your lap etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen2010 View Post
    I took DD when she was 12 months - to see family in London. Also took Eurostar to Belgium for a mini break and got an internal cheapo flight to Dublin (don't book internals from Aus unless they are included in your intl flight).
    We are going back June next year (4yo and 18month old). Emirates/Etihad have early bird deals now. I booked yest for the 4 of us for $5k....which is great.

I'm not a fan of exit row seats as the arms don't go up so kids can't stretch out and rest head in your lap etc.

Wow that is awesome! Can I ask where you are travelling from? Are you flying into Heathrow?

Last edited by blissfulfairy; 09-10-2013 at 14:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sydney to Heathrow.
    It's an early bird deal so gotta basically book and pay at same time. Flight centre held them for me for 10 days whilst I confirmed dates.
    Wee paid over $4k just the 2 of us before so it's a great deal.
    Good luck
    Last edited by Mmumm; 09-10-2013 at 17:29.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We took DS at 13 months to Italy and a Mediterranean cruise. Italy, France and Spain were awesome, would love to go again. Flew Emirates, neither good or bad. We flew to Rome via Dubai.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the UK (emigrating to Vic as soon as house sells). DH works on merseyside. We're in north Wales which is 40 mins from Liverpool, there's great beaches and mountains by us. Chester where I grew up has a fantastic zoo and is 30 mins from Liverpool. Airline wise emirates or Singapore airlines fly into Manchester. We've always flown Emirates to Aus/NZ and they're brilliant but DH says Singapore are fantastic too.

Liverpool John Lennon airport has flights to Dublin - aer lingus or easyjet. They're pretty cheap and only takes about 45mins. Or you can get the fast ferry from Holyhead which is a couple of hours drive from Liverpool (but you could sightsee through Wales en route).

I know you have accom free but if you did stay anywhere else it's dirt cheap compared to Aus! Although Ireland especially Dublin is very, very expensive

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saz71 For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (09-10-2013),Mmumm  (10-10-2013)