+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to ask another question op. But I was just wondering the correct way of gift giving in child care. My son's use the primary carer model, so in theory that's just one gift. But the nature of child care means he's often cared for by lots of other beautiful carers. They have 5 permanent staff in the toddler room, but it's free rain outside and he's bonded quite well with the kindy room staff aswell.

Do I buy just one gift for the primary carer? Or something that can be put in the staff room for everyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your centre sounds like ours shy....
    Ds has 3 main carers on the day he attends, there are probably 4-5 that regularly care for him too.
    when outside, everyone is together.

I was thinking of just the 3 main carers....or....one thing they could share (fruit platter for all staff?)

It really depends on the parent and centre. I used to cover lunches at the same centre ds attends now initially, so didn't see many parents, some parents done home made biscuits for all staff etc... The few I seen, some gave gifts...some didn't...as I took on a more permanate role..I got to know more parents, and was given more gifts.

For the record, it isn't expected, I know reading that it sounds presumptuous...but I'm just stating fact.

Another centre I worked at, there were 6 of us regulars in one room, and several more regular part timers. Most parents gave chocolates, biscuits, wine etc
    There, as gifts come in, we would take then to the office. On the last day each gift was given a number, and everyone pulled numbers from a hat. (even casuals) and you were given the gift with matching number. I liked this idea. It was more fair. I hate receiving gifts on my own, it took that anxiety away. It also stopped favortisim of one carer getting heaps and others nothing
    any left overs were usually slowly opened for morning tea etc once we came back

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks shadowangel. I really like that raffle idea.

It's so hard as there is also the amazing cook and director and admin assistant who probably don't get gifts. Maybe I'll do something to share in the staff room or nothing if it gets all too hard lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its what just one centre done, it was organized by the director. I'm not sure if parents knew or not? But I felt it was a great idea.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I havent read replies but we gifted DS yr1 teacher cos she was AMAZING. He is in yr3 now and we havent given any other teachers a gift cos they just arent as freaking awesome as his year 1 was.
    Anywho, we got DS to pain a terracotta pot however he wanted then we planted some succulents (his teacher was very environmental) and we tied a tag around the pot saying "Thank You For Helping Me Grow" then his name and year. She loved it....well, she told us she loved it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

shadowangel0205  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381669524.508390.jpg
    I like this idea. These pots were painted gold then planted with a bulb (you could plant seeds or whatever you liked). I like the Santa too- you could write the plant or a message on the popstick. I would live a present like this off a student

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IncyWincy For This Useful Post:

shadowangel0205  (13-10-2013)