+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Diahorrea in early pregnancy

I am just over 5 weeks pregnant and have had diahorrea for about 5 or 6 days now. I have done a bit of research and found out it is a fairly common form of morning sickness which is fine (I am so glad to finally be pregnant that I am happy to have any sort of morning sickness) but I am worried about the effect it is having on my body. Every time I eat it seems to go straight through me. I am drinking some hydralyte and plenty of water each day plus trying to eat bananas etc but I am after some other ideas for things that may help without harming bub. Thanks in advance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to happykat For This Useful Post:

biscuitfeatures  (28-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be going to see a doctor, make sure it's not a bug. 5/6 days is a long time

DH 37 + me 33 = DS1 March 2010 & DS2 July 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty sure it is not a bug but I do have an appointment to see my GP on Thursday anyway and will be talking to him about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had it. .. was awful. Happened on and off for the first 10 or so weeks. I didn't do anything different really. Just tried my best to eat when I felt hungry.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you taking iron? Most people it blocks them up...hadvthe opposite effect on me! Which it can do for some people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tamtam. Were you taking a multivitamin or anything. At the moment I am just taking the folic acid but I think I should probably switch over to a multi if I am not absorbing much from the food

Thanks
    Reviews
    No ck2b, I am not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had issues with it but not so early on. Turns out I had a tilted uterus and that meant instead Of pushing on the bladder it was my bowel that was being irritated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a retroverted uterus but it never caused any problems when I had DS so I didn't even think of that. It is probably too early for that though?? Who knows

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happykat View Post
    Thanks Tamtam. Were you taking a multivitamin or anything. At the moment I am just taking the folic acid but I think I should probably switch over to a multi if I am not absorbing much from the food
    Actually vitamins were making me worse!! So I just did folic acid. Eventually I took iron supplement spatone. But that was much later.
    I got it right from pretty much 4 weeks etc... It was like instant for me. When it settled down I didn't get it anymore for the remainder of the pregnancy. (Though I was nauseated the whole time!)