+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I coughed DD2 out

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013

2. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I couldn't have done it without dp. He was in my face breathing with me and reminding me not to push. Is there anyone else you can take with you? Maybe get a doula, or one of the middies to help you?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    With ds2 (8lb 12oz) I just focused slowly on my breathing ( including when i was using the gas )throughout the whole labour. I laboured over a bean bag on all fours. He came out in one push. All the midwives called me super mum when I got moved into the maternity ward shortly after the birth.

Ds1 (8lb 5oz) Waters broke but I wasn't dilating past 3.5cm. They put the drip in to speed things along and amped up the dosage as it wasn't working. Ended up with contraction overload when they finally decided to stretch my cervix!! I did not focus on my breathing one bit. I never had the chance to! I tore badly on one side. I was also lying on my back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to talk toy midwife about it and really make a point of it. I did tell the last MW but to be honest I don't think she have a stuff. I am also going to try and get it through to DH. Mums going to be here too and I'm considering having her in the room too. Not sure yet though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I breathed ds2 out. Ds1 was a horrible labour, with two hours of pushing and threat of intervention before I finally got him out. I had to push so incredibly hard. Ds2 was in the water... And my body just totally took over, I didn't do a thing and the midwife just watched.
    Ds3 wasn't quite as easy, he sat up a lot higher right until I had been 10cms for a whole and was freaking cos it didn't feel like he was even near being ready. Then he literally dropped and my body pushed him out in two pushes. I think less experienced midwives would have told me o push a lot earlier... I think just waiting for your body to do its thing.
    Ds 2 & 3 were sooo much easier than one!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My midwife was extremely relaxed and left me to do what felt right and push whenever I felt the need.. but she did correct my technique though- I naturally began pushing with all of my might, gritting my teeth, holding my breath and bearing down etc... she told my not to waste my energy through my mouth and relax my body and just breathe while pushing with my muscles.. so basically breathe through pushing calmly, not big "grrrrrrrr's". It was so much easier- two births, on my back, pushed for no longer than five minutes each time and no tears.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 08-10-2013 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I'm going to talk toy midwife about it and really make a point of it. I did tell the last MW but to be honest I don't think she have a stuff. I am also going to try and get it through to DH. Mums going to be here too and I'm considering having her in the room too. Not sure yet though
    Have you considered using a doula? I haven't ever used one but women who I've spoken to who have say what fantastic coaches they are

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    Have you considered using a doula? I haven't ever used one but women who I've spoken to who have say what fantastic coaches they are

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby
    I have considered it but haven't looked into it as I'm worried it will cost too much