+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pushing stage

I'm pregnant with number 2 and with DS although I was told not to push in my Hypno birthing class, I did because my midwife was telling me to and I ended up with 2nd degree tears and grazes, it took MONTHS for me to feel even slightly normal down there, 6 to be exact I really want to avoid that this time around.

So tell me how you 'breathe' a baby out please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great question, I'd love to know how to do this as I seem to panic and have such an urge to push I just push like crazy.

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My midwives and ob never told me to push they just said 'you'll know when you need to' (which I didn't I just started pushing and had no idea if I should or not lol) and then after a while 'next contraction push toward your bum.'
    It was a very instinctual thing for me I think I just started pushing about an hour after my waters broke without actually thinking 'okay I need to push' I just couldn't control it.

Sent from my talky stick with a minion glued to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that's how I felt with DS, the urge to push was so strong, but I've heard of women not pushing and 'breathing' their babies out and I want to know how to do this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on baby 2 SA Girl

I actually found my whole labour with my second baby really good. I felt a lot more in control.

The midwife had me kind of lightly pant. It worked because i didn't get any bad tears when he was crowning.
    Just a small one delivering his body - he was 9lb 6oz though

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (08-10-2013),Tommi  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a light epidural with my second DS.
    I pushed and when it got to the crowning I felt ALL of it. I breathed it out. Surprisingly I started breathing and my Ob said for me to continue it.
    I guess it felt like I was bearing down a bit by blowing through pursed lips. Big deep breaths and then long controlled breathing.
    I can only describe it as how I would have controlled breathing for a really long sentence of singing when I was in a choir. A very long controlled and even breathing out through the diaphragm.

I tore, but only a little. I needed no stitches. I had a faster labour. My first I tore enough to need a few stitches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just dont push. You will feel like bearing down (like doing a poo). Just dont. Instead relax your body and take nice deep breaths. Its harder to explain that it is to do.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I breathed DS2 out (all 4.5kg of him), DD I pushed out (3.5kg, was much harder work!). For me it wasn't a conscious thing breathing him out, it just happened. I can't imagine trying not too as it's an overwhelming urge! I'd love to hear from someone who has breathed out multiple children

Regarding avoiding tearing I have never torn and I have been in water with all 3, first was born on the bed and the next 2 in water. I also didn't suffer any stretchmarks so maybe I just have good elasticity? Things like avoiding coached pushing, stopping for that ring of fire moment, avoiding having anyone shove anything down there while the skin is trying to relax while crowning (my midwife with my first held warm flannels on the area). Also avoiding pushing on your back too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I breathed DS2 out (all 4.5kg of him), DD I pushed out (3.5kg, was much harder work!). For me it wasn't a conscious thing breathing him out, it just happened. I can't imagine trying not too as it's an overwhelming urge! I'd love to hear from someone who has breathed out multiple children

Regarding avoiding tearing I have never torn and I have been in water with all 3, first was born on the bed and the next 2 in water. I also didn't suffer any stretchmarks so maybe I just have good elasticity? Things like avoiding coached pushing, stopping for that ring of fire moment, avoiding having anyone shove anything down there while the skin is trying to relax while crowning (my midwife with my first held warm flannels on the area). Also avoiding pushing on your back too.
    Im aiming to do it with #3 so ill let you know if im successful again

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies so far, I had a water birth with DS but I still tore badly. I definitely blame the pushing, I strained a lot as the urge was very overwhelming and I didn't have anyone there to remind me to try not to DH wasn't much help.