+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default exhausted

I'm 8 weeks 2 days and feel horrible! i'm exhausted all day and can barely eat anything without wanting to bring it up! How long does this last for ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh that horrid feeling. Mine went till exactly 12 weeks and it was literally like a switch. Woke up one morning and it was gone. and mine was pretty bad. i showed up at my gp's crying and told her if she didnt give me anything i would kill myself... she laughed, and gave me maxalon. and that just made me sleep for 3 days, so i stopped taking it and just did old fashioned remedies ie ginger tea and bics etc. I feel for you, before you know it it will be over just keep smiling...( if you can without puking)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    Ohhh that horrid feeling. Mine went till exactly 12 weeks and it was literally like a switch. Woke up one morning and it was gone. and mine was pretty bad. i showed up at my gp's crying and told her if she didnt give me anything i would kill myself... she laughed, and gave me maxalon. and that just made me sleep for 3 days, so i stopped taking it and just did old fashioned remedies ie ginger tea and bics etc. I feel for you, before you know it it will be over just keep smiling...( if you can without puking)
    Its more the fatigue thats killing me. i just dont know how to get my energy back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to say I don't remember being tired as such but I was so sick I don't think I was even thinking straight to realise I was tired! Don't worry second tri is amazing everything comes back to you and you'll feel great!!! Wishing you lots of luck! Is this your first??

Thanks
    Reviews
    second. nothing like this with my first. at all. i had 2 weeks of nautiousness with him and was great up until my third trimester when i had reflux and edema

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean. I had never experienced fatigue like the fatigue I experienced during the first trimester of my first pregnancy. And no-one really understood either. They kept asking if I had morning sickness, but when I said I was exhausted they'd always say "Haha, just wait until the baby arrives!" Not helpful at all lol.

I remember resting my head on my desk at work and struggling to keep my eyes open. I was just sooo tired.

There wasn't much that helped. I kept taking my vitamin tablets and basically just came home from work, had dinner and went to bed. But when I hit 12 weeks, it was like a switch and I got my energy back.

I think my doctor told me that fatigue generally subsides around week 12-14, around when the placenta 'takes over'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling you. 9 and a bit weeks. Can barely get through day. Just want to cry. All the time.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Second baby is tough too because you are starting from a lower energy base - particularly if your first is still young or very active. It is hard to get a rest.

I am having a nap when my DS naps during the day and as pp said eating dinner and going straight to bed! I am 10w1d.

The 8th week was the worst for me and I was 8d4d when I broke and saw the GP for help having spent 4 days in bed solidly. I got Maxolon for the puking and it was amazing. Worked perfectly.

You are almost through the worst if it and it should start getting better/easier soon. Hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel you. I'm 11 weeks and still struggling. So tired allll the time, still nauseous, still sore boobs, and woke up with a cold on top of it all! I think around week 12 it should start getting easier xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well at least on one side i'm not the only one suffering, on the other side... it sounds like i have a few week to go! lol!!!!

Feel slightly more human this morning, bus dissipated as the day progressed. the heat doesn't help.