+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hate them, but I would honestly rather them than individual people coming through (the latter means more interruptions). I would also prefer open inspections over the Property Manager handing the key out to random people (which they used to do when I was renting several years ago).

It's never nice having strangers walk through your home though. Renting sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our last rental we had this when moving out.
    We also had individual viewings, about 2 per week, then an open on Saturdays.
    This went on for just over a month.

It was frustrating but we broke lease so I kind of just wanted someone to take it and take it quick.
    We had issues though with people showing up about 20-30 mins after the viewings had ended and still wanted to look through even though the PM was long gone or would see the property on the net and would just rock up whenever and walk around the house looking in windows, or asking to come through and look

What I found really odd though was a few people coming through on open days and commenting on our furniture/decor in a bad manner whilst I'm just in earshot.
    You are here to look at the dwelling people! Not to slander my homely purchases.
    Snobs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh the joys of renting, how I have missed you.. NOT. After paying off my own home for years & will soon be back in the rental market.

My last house was on the market to be sold for MONTHS, every Saturday there was a new group of people trampling through. One day I was at work & my flatmate informed me the landlord was sitting at the dining table with a prospective buyer an HOUR after the open house was due to finish. Talk about renters right to privacy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hear ya, OP. I broke a lease once in a very sought after suburb so agreed to an open straight away in the hope that I wouldn't have to pay too much extra rent before they got a new tenant. 50 people came through my little 2 bdr flat. And one of them left with DH's iPod!

I hate, hate , hate renting. I'm so sick of asking for permission to do little things, or having to put up with cr@p like horrible blinds or friggin palm trees. I better win lotto soon of else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The place we are renting has just gone up for sale. The real estate literally just called me and said 'We're having an open house on Saturday, is that ok? You don't need to be there.' Not even 3 days notice! I hate open houses/inspections with a passion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Open for inspections are the pits for sure!

Most times we've moved out of a rental the landlord waited until we moved out before listing it for lease. So much better for the tenant!

I've lived in rental properties listed on the market for sale where there are open houses every weekend for weeks and it's not fun. I especially didn't appreciate when someone did a wee in my toilet and let it mellow in the bowl. Thank you, random a-hole.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I hear ya, OP. I broke a lease once in a very sought after suburb so agreed to an open straight away in the hope that I wouldn't have to pay too much extra rent before they got a new tenant. 50 people came through my little 2 bdr flat. And one of them left with DH's iPod!

I hate, hate , hate renting. I'm so sick of asking for permission to do little things, or having to put up with cr@p like horrible blinds or friggin palm trees. I better win lotto soon of else!
    They stole your husbands IPod?!
    I don't understand some people.........

"Hey hubby, let's go shopping today, I would like a new IPad"
    "Ok honey, let me see what open houses are on today, I wouldn't mind a new watch too"
    :what:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bergeron For This Useful Post:

Aanya  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    They stole your husbands IPod?!
    I don't understand some people.........

"Hey hubby, let's go shopping today, I would like a new IPad"
    "Ok honey, let me see what open houses are on today, I wouldn't mind a new watch too"
    :what:
    iPod, but yeah, who does that??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    iPod, BT yeah, who does that??
    Whoops Just fixed that up.

Ballsy people with no respect I would imagine!

Thinking more about it though an open house would be like a thief's wet dream

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BentzMumma View Post
    The place we are renting has just gone up for sale. The real estate literally just called me and said 'We're having an open house on Saturday, is that ok? You don't need to be there.' Not even 3 days notice! I hate open houses/inspections with a passion.
    You are required by law to get notice in writing before the agent holds an open house. I don't know what state you are from but it might be worth checking out

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app