+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Email the company director.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    Well still no reply to my email....I feel like just showing up there! She can't ignore me then.
    Do this and take along copies of the advert and each email and highlight the date that they were sent. Throw them in front of her and tell her you are prepared to contact dept of fair trading with all of this evidence to prove they engaged in a contract with you with false and misleading information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Do this and take along copies of the advert and each email and highlight the date that they were sent. Throw them in front of her and tell her you are prepared to contact dept of fair trading with all of this evidence to prove they engaged in a contract with you with false and misleading information.
    This^^
    They have essentially lured you into a contract under false pretenses if they aren't ever going to hand over the gift card.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    All emails from you not answered by then look really bad for them too so keep them coming. Can you put a 'read receipt' or something on them?

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
    All emails from you not answered by then look really bad for them too so keep them coming. Can you put a 'read receipt' or something on them?

Sent from my HTC One X
    Read receipts can be ignored, I do it all the time at work because I get copied into emails for other people (or just don't want to let the person know I've read it), I just tick 'no' or whatever it is and the person will never know I've read it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can they legally offer a gift card or any financial reward as part if a tenancy agreement? I have never heard of this being done before.

As a PP suggested walk in there with a copy of your emails and ask to speak to the director it owner of the real estate agent & invite her in the meeting. If you don't get a suitable response yell them you are going to seek advice from the tenancy tribunal & follow that up with an email when you get home.

When I use to work in a RE office the owner would go tropo on the property manager when this stuff happened. We went through 20 staff members in 2 years. That's how bad some property managers are. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never heard of offering gift cards to tenants to apply for homes? There are in theory trying to bribe you to take a rental home!

If its a franchise - like LJ Hooker ect - they hate bad publicity more than anything so I would call the head office and put in a complaint about your office and that you will contact the media about large corporations trying to rip off tenants, follow it up with an email and cc the licensee and property manager of the office - then call fair trading ( has nothing to do with tenancy tribunal) and put in a complaint as well

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah ive heard of incentives to get people in so their investment property isnt sitting there not making money.

Take it all in and refuse to leave without a definitive answer and then threaten with dept of fair trading.

You can do it! Be strong like an amazon !

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So did you get your gift card yet?