+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    One earphone is worse because music still pours out of the other one and creates a low level buzz which some people get irritated by (I am one of them tee hee). Just ask your boss if they mind, let them know u feel you would be more productive.

I don't mind my staff wearing them - better than having a radio going that interrupts others who prefer to work without music.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I listen to audio books while I work (nightfill)...helps the time go quicker

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do it all the time! My headphones are always in unless I have a day where I'm expecting people to come by or have a project that my boss will be around for a lot (he doesn't care but it's easier to just not bother than take them in/out all day).

I sit near two really loud people and they do my head in so it's easier to listen to music than listen to their crap all day haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the comments!!

I play it through my iPhone, I turn the volume down to zero then press the volume button once, so it is so quiet that I can barely hear it myself, it's just enough to block out the women next to me who feel the need to collaborate on EVERY task they do.

My Manager isn't around today, I wouldn't do it when she was here as I need to talk to her quite a bit so like a PP said I'd be taking them in and out all day so don't bother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We're lucky, our hold music is on FoxFM and if we press the hold button on our desk phones it plays the hold music. I'm on reception and if the phone rings the music switches off for the duration of the call. I'd go insane having no background music all day. The last office I worked in even had a radio on (I work in real estate). Makes work a bit more bearable!