+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    I've part started "The Casual Vacancy" by JK Rowling but I just can't get into it like I did Harry Potter. Trouble is I can't start a new book until I finish that one, but I feel like I'll have to start it again because I can't remember what I've read so far.
    I didn't expect to like it because I loved the Harry Potter books, but I was pleasantly surprised. It did take me a while to get in to it though.

As for me, I bought Stephen King's newie: Doctor Sleep. Very much looking forward to the end of this semester so I can start reading it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    I think you'd like Rangers Apprentice if you like TP. They're pretty basic, he wrote them to get his 12 year old into reading, but I find them enjoyble for light/wind down reading.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I will have a look around for them :-) I need something new to read!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've started reading Tess Gerritsen's books recommended by a BHer, loving them so far. Would love to read more Jodi Picoult but they're really popular at my local library and have a long waiting list. It took me too long to get into The casual vacancy so I returned it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just finished book 4 of the Game of Thrones series...love loving it.

Have started re-reading The Red Tent by Anita Diamant (I read it when it first came out, years ago). I am remembering how much I enjoyed it, definitely recommend it!

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    I've started reading Tess Gerritsen's books recommended by a BHer, loving them so far. Would love to read more Jodi Picoult but they're really popular at my local library and have a long waiting list. It took me too long to get into The casual vacancy so I returned it.
    I'm a bit of a book hoarder and I buy them. Something about a book shelf full of books makes me happy.
    You can get then pretty cheaply from secondhand book stores

DH always says to me, why don't you just get ebooks or one of these ereader things. I was horrified! I love holding a book.

Finished the story teller last night. Surpringsingly I sort of guessed the ending which is unusual as her books usually have a twist that you never see coming .

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just finished 'the house of memories' by Monica McInerney. Really enjoyed it. It's about a woman's (and subsequently her families) journey after a terrible tragedy.

Definitely recommend it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    I'm a bit of a book hoarder and I buy them. Something about a book shelf full of books makes me happy.
    You can get then pretty cheaply from secondhand book stores

DH always says to me, why don't you just get ebooks or one of these ereader things. I was horrified! I love holding a book.

Finished the story teller last night. Surpringsingly I sort of guessed the ending which is unusual as her books usually have a twist that you never see coming .
    I prefer books to ebooks too. Our house is very cluttered at the moment and DS pulls everything off the shelves so I think i'll stick to borrowing for a long time Plus i'm always worried what if you buy a book and you don't really like it. I have a friend who borrows library books, only if there's one she really likes she'll buy one for her home library.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    Insomnia by Stephen King
    The Chronicles of the Ages by Traci Harding

Currently ready the Song of the Lioness books by Tamora Pearce to my DP :-)

i love the songs of the lioness books!!

I am currently reading Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts. My favourite authors are Stephen king and Paullina Simons. The Bronze Horseman (and its two sequels) by Paulliba Simons are fantastic books - romantic drama set in Russia in WWII .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have just started reading Clockwork Angel, first book of the series Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just started reading Clockwork Angel, the first book in the series The Infernal Device by Cassandra Clare. Just finished her previous series of book The Mortal Instruments (the first book of that series City of Bones has been turned into to a movie, which is currently screening).