+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There are only 2 things you should be doing at this stage OP, looking after yourself and your DD. Your body needs to heal, this can take months.

It took me at least a year to come to terms with motherhood. 2 weeks is so, so early. Give yourself a break, sleep when you can and don't look more than an hour ahead.

It gets better

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

kw123  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It gets easier. There is a reason many cultures have a mother or mother in law stay and mums sole job is to feed the baby and rest. God help me if my MIL stated for a few weeks though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am about to hit 6 weeks and feel the same way!! Hugs honey, just focus on your baby girl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs.. It takes a while to get in a routine. It's great that your partner wants to help, take advantage of it, don't feel guilty. One thing that helped me when my partner went back to work was buying and using a slow cooker. I would put dinner on when my baby had its afternoon nap, I would lay down too, when my partner got home from work dinner would be ready and I was rested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, totally agree. DS is 12 weeks now and it is really only in the past few weeks that I've felt like I'm getting back on top of things like dinner and housework. Up til then DH did dinner every night and grocery shopping most of the time too. I had my mum doing my ironing for me each week cos DH needs shirts for work and the thought of setting up the ironing board and getting it done was just beyond me...

Trust me, it gets better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish i had the chance to feel this, with all mine even the first i had no choice but to get straight back into it, exdp always had to go straight back to working 12 hour days.
    You are very lucky you have a husband there to be able to help and cook etc. You will get there, just try and do one thing a day. Give yourself one job to try and get done. Once you can do that each day, add another one in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Please do the so hard on yourself. As others have said, newborns cause absolute chaos! DD who is now 19 months old was going to be an only child for a long time there!

just remember, your baby is 50% yours 50% your husbands (so to speak) and up until bubs was born (well after conception at least) you did ALL of the work and when giving birth, now you DH probably feels like he can finally help bring up your bub.

I remember my GP saying, babies have two parents for a reason, you need to share everything 50/50 where possible and don't feel like it's your sole role to do everything.

good luck with it all. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you will get past these first few months and it will all be a blur. I know its hard when you are in it and if you're anything like me I will never have thought motherhood was gong to be so hard. It is hard but very rewarding and having a supportive DH makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    2 weeks is very soon your body is still recovering and you are still finding your way with a new baby. The first few weeks of my kids life were a blur. I was lucky my dh was able to take a month off work and he did the cooking cleaning etc. my mum also brang some home cooked meals which helped. I also used to chop veggies such as carrots, beans, zucchini and have them in containers. When I heated up my meals (such as ginger chicken and rice) I would pop those veggies in raw and they would cook in the microwave with the other food. This meant i always had some healthy veggies on hand with minimal fuss.
    Eating was always a rush.
    You will be fine op, take it a day at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with everyone else. Its early days. Try to relax and get sleep when you can and try to enjoy being a mum. Let dh help. Don't try to be a super mum. The first eight weeks is the hardest. And it goes so fast.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for you. It took me about 6 months to really get myself into any kind of routine and to get on top of things. If possible, get your DH (or do it together) to do a couple of batch cooks and freeze in portions so dinner is sorted most nights. Have easy & healthy snacks on hand. Don't worry about household chores, the bare minimum will do and your DH can take care of that for now.

Most importantly, if these feelings become overwhelming or you feel at all "off" in any way, see a good GP and have a chat.

I became so overwhelmed by day to day tasks that I'd almost panic at the sheer thought of figuring out how to get it done. I felt so out of control and displaced by the arrival of my DD, I just couldn't get my head around it all at first. I'm not saying this is the same for you, but just take care of yourself and don't be afraid to ask for help - whether that's someone to mop the floor or someone to help you cope mentally with the changes motherhood brings.