+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    He lives with his mother. So physically I am sure they are fine. It's more emotionally I'm worried about. Apparently my daughter told him my step son is mean to her and won't let her play the x box. She suffers eczema and it flares up every time she goes down there but it's my fault. He is just trying every little thing to keep them there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherhubberundercover View Post
    He lives with his mother. So physically I am sure they are fine. It's more emotionally I'm worried about. Apparently my daughter told him my step son is mean to her and won't let her play the x box. She suffers eczema and it flares up every time she goes down there but it's my fault. He is just trying every little thing to keep them there.

It's good he is with his mother, it makes it a little better.

I guess my panic would be that he could harm himself and them some how (like having a psychotic break).

Sibling issues are certainly not a reason to take custody.

I would still suggest asking the local police to do a welfare check...at least then the kids know that you are checking up on them.

How scary for them both...if your ex has an issue he should come and discuss it...not hold the kids against their will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they have been with you for years then your ex would need to show a pretty compelling reason for the change. At least after court on Friday you will finally have something legally binding. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Unless they have proof of abuse or neglect, you will get your kids back. I know it would be hard, but just try to think of it as them having an extended stay at his house until you go through the courts. Good luck .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Contact their school as to enrol in another school they need an exit form signed which shows where they are being enrolled. You can simply collect the kids from the new school at Amy time during the day- take their birth certificates to prove parentage- unless there is a custody order or an open child protection investigation the school cannot refuse to give you your children

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all. Going to their school tomorrow to let them know what's going on and see if they can put a hold on information requested cause sure a new school would want paperwork from their old school

Thanks
    Reviews
    My step son spent the first 6 years of his left in an abusive home so we try and make our house a happy and safe environment. He is still suffering from those years and even a raised voice makes him uneasy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The police don't get involved in custody issues. Even with court orders.

It sounds like you have already done the right thing and contacted your solicitor and arranged recovery orders.

A change in any family situation is grounds to review custody arrangements. Given he has a girlfriend, he may wish to do so. But taking the kids without orders is not going to look favourably on him.

As as you live four hours away, can I ask is this where you as a couple lived, or did you move away from him?

Regardless he shouldn't get the children even in an interim order as the status quo was that the children resided with you during the school term.

Contact relationships Australia to help you organise more formal orders. They do it of free with their solicitor or for a minimum fee depending on your financial situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We both lived here and then when we split he moved back to Sydney. We did mediation ages ago and this arrangement was fine until now. They have lived with me full time except one week of school holidays for 7 years. He is not consistent with cs and doesn't ring them or communicate between visits. I was shocked as he hasn't wanted to be a dad for this long why now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ex husband did a similar thing... We separated when my son was 18 months old. And the he repartnered when my son was 6 years old. I felt he wanted to appear as the "family man" with his new GF. And agreed to alternate weekends. I was angry at the time, as I struggled after we separated and trying to provide a roof over our heads and be a parent full time was damm hard work. Why should he get to enjoy time with our son when I did the hard yards when he was younger... But I eventually saw the positives in the situation.

In your situation, the courts sometimes impose a distance thing.... As he moved away, he may be ordered to move closer if he wishes to see them more frequently... Discuss this with your solicitor or family relationships Australia. 4 hours away would be difficult for him or you to do for a more regular visitation plan.