+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 80
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    darwin
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked
    650
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    I'm neither for or against circ for a baby, I think it's the parents choice and they shouldn't be judged on it by others. But I have to disagree with the points from above.

    You say that a foreskin causes no issues to males in this day and age? You'd think keeping it clean would solve all the issues? Well my DH was never taught by his parents that you need to roll back the foreskin and clean it (either because they didn't know or felt awkward having the conversation). He's now waiting to have a circumcision as an adult and totally flipping out over it. He has got some sort of scarring and can't retract his foreskin at all. It's painful at times when we dtd without a condom (and even sometimes with one). He will often sit down to pee as he's never sure which direction it'll come out. He's tried the steroid creams and no success. Given his issues I would be leaning towards getting a baby boy of ours getting circ'd. Also DH has a 17yo brother who I imagine would have similar problems given the upbringing (but that's not up to me to ask!)
    How is it the parents choice? I dont get that! Its not their body, its not medically needed to chop it off so how is it the parents choice? The babies should have the choice when they grow up. Chances are, most probably wouldnt do it.... unless they had issues and needed to.


    Also. Just because your dh might have problems now with his penis (and as you said probs because his parents didnt teach him how to clean it) it doesn't mean that your sons will have the samme issue!! If you say your dh has issues because of lack of education re cleaning it then dont you think it would be a bit more beneficial and practical to TEACH your sons how to clean theirs rather than just chop it off? Just a thought.

    Why cut it off if its not needed. I will never (read:NEVER) have my sons circed. Its not my body to put under the knife.

    I just looked up 'what men look like circumcised' and unfortunately it came up with images of babies aswell. Some having the procedure done all the while screaming and in pain not what I want to put any of my kids through.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bayswater North Vic
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked
    124
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    Given its not the norm now when he's a teenager he'll be the ' different' in the change room, when he's with girls. This was an issue for my high school boyfriend. Everyone was circ'd back then and he wasn't. It sounds like a small issue but it's not to a teenage boy.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I did not get my son done, I am not offended by mothers who have gotten their son done, i just wouldn't do it to my own. No reason in particular, just wouldn't.

    The above comment is very true. All the boys i grew up with were cut because it was what was done.
    I can see being different as a teenage boy to be a huge deal. I wouldn't want my son to go through that.


    DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked
    652
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So if a parent didn't teach their child how to brush their teeth properly and they got rotten teeth that had to be all pulled out and gum disease would this be blamed on the fact the child should have their teeth removed from the beginning or the fact that their parents didn't teach them to brush their teeth properly and the child never started brushing their teeth properly? Also if a girl doesn't wash her bits properly they get infected as well.. so maybe we should also bring back circumcision for girls? It's probably a lot easier to circumcise then teach your child how to wash their genitals.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (08-10-2013),Jennybaby  (08-10-2013)

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    1,961
    Thanked
    2,567
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post

    Why cut it off if its not needed. I will never (read:NEVER) have my sons circed. Its not my body to put under the knife.


    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Never? Even if medically appropriate and your son is not old enough to decide.

  6. #65
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked
    162
    Reviews
    0
    I actually feel so sad when I hear a child has been circed. It's the same reaction I have when I hear they've been abused. It's just a very natural response for me since I've had boys. I have to really bite my tongue if people mention the topic. I just cannot, aside from the medically necessary, see a reasonable argument to support it.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennybaby For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (08-10-2013),sockstealingpoltergeist  (08-10-2013)

  8. #66
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked
    162
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    But you DON"T tell your sons to roll back their foreskins and clean underneath them, the area has its own secretions (smegma?) and you don't mess around with it. In fact messing around with it actually can CAUSE the introduction of infection. Your Dh's parents were completely correct, and your DH has his problem not because of them, but simply because he picked up an infection somewhere, or has a naturally tight foreskin giving him problems, it happens sometimes, but is no reason for routine circ

    Care of an uncirced penis is the same as for a finger, just wash the outside.
    No...that's true for babies but not men. They need to clean under their foreskin once it retracts or it will get gross and smelly. The for raking shouldn't be forced back by parents to clean but once it naturally moves then you should teach your boys to clean under there as a routine.

  9. #67
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I doubt she meant that she wouldn't get it done if it was medically needed. What a strange question.

    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Never? Even if medically appropriate and your son is not old enough to decide.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (08-10-2013)

  11. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks
    1,961
    Thanked
    2,567
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I doubt she meant that she wouldn't get it done if it was medically needed. What a strange question.
    Considering we are in a part of the forum where people have very strong opinions and the word never was repeated in capitals I actually did think that there may be a slim chance that she would NEVER get her son circumcised.

  12. #69
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok, I just thought that it read like she meant RIC rather than medical.

    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Considering we are in a part of the forum where people have very strong opinions and the word never was repeated in capitals I actually did think that there may be a slim chance that she would NEVER get her son circumcised.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

    MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (08-10-2013)

  14. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    darwin
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked
    650
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Never? Even if medically appropriate and your son is not old enough to decide.
    If it was absolutely medically needed (nothing else worked to fix the issue) then yes I would. But only if we had tried all other options first. But that wasnt what I was saying. Of course a mother is going to get her son done if needed, MEDICALLY. I was saying I would NEVER get it done otherwise (and in response to the person I quoted that I most certainly wouldnt get it done as a precaution because his fater had issues due to not cleaning properly)

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. What is attachment Parenting and Natural Parenting
    By ChaoticMummy in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 03:44
  2. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 16:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
The MAMA Centre
Pregnancy, birth & beyond care with your very own midwife. Home & hospital birth support, VBACs, antenatal & postnatal care by medicare eligible midwives & holistic health practitioners. Massage, chiro, naturopathy, yoga, counselling & beauty therapy
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!