+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I hate daylight savings...anyone else

DS's routine is now totally out the window and now I've got to try and get him back into one again. Why does anyone want another hour of daylight on the hottest 40 degree days?? I guess I got spoilt by the 4 years I lived in QLD. I HATE HATE HATE it. Just venting... ah feel better now I've got that out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a queenlsander I hate it. Trying to do business in a national company was a pain in the bum. Bring it in up here I say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah it's annoying at work when I can't communicate with Perth for 3 hours and Brisbane for an hour at the start of the day, then they have the same problem with communicating with us in Sydney at the end of the day.

But I love that I'm able to go for a walk after work or water my garden and it's still daylight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I hate, hate, hate it as well!
    The best thing about QLD is NO daylight savings!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (07-10-2013),WiseOldOwl  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So glad we don't have it in WA - although it makes working with the east hard at times, it's a 2pm shut off in some cases.

I guess the worst part will be the silly phone calls on DH's mobile (he works for a national financial group) will start one hour earlier. They can't get through on the office switchboard (because it's 6am here) so they try his mobile ... and don't understand why he's in the shower. Doh! Check the postcode peeps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I hate the changeover, but love the extra daylight. I get home from work at 6:00pm and love the extra daylight, means I can get some stuff done outdoors, and bring washing in off the line before the dew hits it and makes it damp again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love it! Extra daylight to do stuff outside is great

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my place in the middle of summer it's light until getting on to 8pm. It's just too hot for that and totally unnecessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love it. DH hates it.
    I guess it IS just the time that changes though. Not really an extra hour of daylight as such.
    I love having extra daylight to go for walks at the end of the day when DH will be home.
    I get it isn't for everyone!

Busy-Bee is online now Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Gosh I would love DLS. I'd even consider an hour for the entire year and 2 hours for summer! I would love to sit out longer on summer nights without risk of mozzies. I don't need beaming sunlight at 4:30am.

I loved it in the UK and Victoria how during the peak of summer the sun didn't go down until quite late. Lovely long nights!!

But I understand the OP wants a vent if they don't like it.