+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    I'm curious, is there a loss of sex drive at all? And if a man hasn't had children can they still get it done? My dp will probably get it done in a few years but my children are not biologically his and he doesn't want children of his own, and I don't want more children.
    I've heard it actually improves things once the swelling settles down. TBH I wouldn't have a clue - I was 7 months pregnant when DH had his so there's been little action in that department . He had it done as #4 was a little surprise package and as much as I adore her I can live without anymore surprises.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kj2010 View Post

Will a vasectomy affect my sex life?
    "Vasectomy does not affect your hormones, orgasm or ejaculation so there is no reason for it to have a negative impact on your sex life.

Many couples have found greater sexual freedom once they no longer have the worry of an unplanned pregnancy."
    The ejeculation fluid isn't any different..at all.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    There are still active swimmers after procedure so I wouldn't stop using protection until follow up appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusMum View Post
    My dp just had one two weeks ago. Cost was free as it was bulk billed on medicare. I found the dr who did it through friends who have also had it done there. No complications so far. He went in, got it done amd drove home. His biys were swallen and bruised for a week or so and still a bit tender but no real drama.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    My DH has been researching but can't find a bulk billing one. .. where do you find it for vfree?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They6 can be active for ages. My friends hubby is 12 months on and they're still swimming! Drsaid it takes some guys longer than others to ' empty their sack' of sperm that was there before the snip. DH has been told after about 12 time he need retesting. At the rate we go it'll be in about 18 months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    My DH has been researching but can't find a bulk billing one. .. where do you find it for vfree?

Rosewood clinic out past Ipswich does it bulk billed. He is a GP so you dont need a referral. Just call up for an appointmemt. The wait list is pretty long though. We waited four months but is longer depending on the day you want it done.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LotusMum For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH was told the average is about 13 ejaculations before the remaining sperm is cleared but can take more for some men.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had it done last week it was $745 but as we were over the safety net it only cost $130 out of pocket. Minimal pain and he was back doing everything that day. He had the scalpel free method. He has 3 months before our "surprise" baby arrives to get clear or I'm chopping the whole thing off. Our surgeon said if you weren't clear by 6 months there was the possibility that some of the bits had grown back together as the immature sperm that are left should either be ejaculated or die after 3-6 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any recommendations for drs in melbourne who do it under local?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh had his about 3 months ago.
    Just googled 'vasectomy clinics in the state'.
    Recovery was about 2 weeks. He was pretty sore for the first couple of days then he was ready for s3x about 2 weeks later.
    Cost was about $100 out of pocket
    He got an infection about a week after it. No big deal though, went to the doc and got some antibacterial cream and he was fine. If not for the infection he probably would have been fine a week later.
    He was pretty miserable for that week but once he realised his willy was ok and he could still preform he was fine.

Hes ready to go for his sperm analasis now to check if hes shooting blanks. They do it after 3 months.