+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Woolies and Coles were closed here too. Even the IGA was closed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't find anything open in Adelaide

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're in qld, and everything was closed, I ended up getting a loaf of bread from a servo and luckily I had ingredients in my pantry and freezer to make dinner. Totally caught me off guard...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
    Couldn't find anything open in Adelaide
    Where abouts are you? Harbour town and rundle mall were both open. Quite afew bakeries. And some Foodlands / IGAs. (If youre South I can share locations for future reference)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    We're in qld, and everything was closed, I ended up getting a loaf of bread from a servo and luckily I had ingredients in my pantry and freezer to make dinner. Totally caught me off guard...
    Same! Daycare tomorrow and I have nothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Same! Daycare tomorrow and I have nothing!
    Do you have flour, sugar, eggs, any staples like that that you can quickly make a quiche, some cookies or slice or similar?

I had short crust pastry and some mince in my freezer, so I made a family sized meat pie for dinner. I also baked peanut butter cookies and scones.

What are you going to do about daycare food tomorrow? Will you can get up super early and go shopping, or bake something tonight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I went to one of the IGAs in town and got the last loaf of bread (thankfully DS isn't too fussy and will try rye bread but at nearly $6 for a small loaf I was not real impressed) and the only milk they had was organic or skim....I got milk at the servo lol. They were very busy though.

Sent from my pho....oh who am I kidding. It's rarely used as a phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to our 24 hour foodworks and it was crazy busy! Luckily they had stocked up on bread, however the milk was almost empty and so was the deli and the meat section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Do you have flour, sugar, eggs, any staples like that that you can quickly make a quiche, some cookies or slice or similar?

I had short crust pastry and some mince in my freezer, so I made a family sized meat pie for dinner. I also baked peanut butter cookies and scones.

What are you going to do about daycare food tomorrow? Will you can get up super early and go shopping, or bake something tonight?
    Yep, doesnt take much to bake somethinf yummy. My fallbacks are always pancakes / pikelets using the 1C recipe (1C flour, 1C milk, 1 egg) add apple or banana if I have some. Or lemonade scones as I try to always have a can of lemonade and long life cream stashed in the pantry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulfairy View Post
    Where abouts are you? Harbour town and rundle mall were both open. Quite afew bakeries. And some Foodlands / IGAs. (If youre South I can share locations for future reference)

Yeah I went to harbour town and the city was open I went to myer and bought a dress lol. Also went to ikea! I think hackham iga is ALWAYS open lol even Xmas day