+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with others on the dummy thing...my little boy had a small dummy which I lost one day so had to use one that was for an older baby and he took it so much easier. I tried him on the newborn ones again and he refused it! We use the avent cherry shape for 6 months+ now.

Also I agree with the feeding laying down to get yourself some more rest. Does your Ds nap still? If he does take bub into bed while he's asleep and take a nap. Is there anybody able to take bub for a little while so you can go for a nice shower or even just a nap?

I'm still trying to get myself used to getting through the day with a baby and toddler. It's even worse when you're sleep deprived. The first few weeks are the hardest so hang in there it will get better! Just try not to expect too much of yourself in these first few weeks, If you need a break and somebody is there to help take it.

Sorry you are having a rough time

Congratulations on bub I didnt even know you had her! Ive been out of the loop lol

Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH helps out a lot.. We stay up together. Probably not the smartest thing to do but we both feel guilty if one sleeps while the other calms bubba.
    I've tried gumdrop dummies and the cherry shaped dummies in newborn size. She sucks on it but then she starts looking for it even though it's in her mouth.
    I've just given her a lavender bath, swaddled her, gave her some milk & popped her down. I didn't let her sleep all day today. I woke her up a few times so we'll see how we'll go.
    Hoping tonight is a better night. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How did last night go? I hope you managed to get some rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    DD has been unsettled all night. I went to bed at 10pm, she woke up at 11pm & we've been partying all night. I just want to cry. I feel like running away. I'm so f***ing exhausted and I'll need energy to keep up with DS today.
    She can't keep a dummy in her mouth & all she wants to do is suck on something. Just shoot me!
    you may have the wrong type of dummy for her. i tried a few different brands and found the $4 for pack of 3 kmart ones did the job! also, they fall out if they are too small. try a bigger size.
    can your partner take over once you go to bed? feed her if bf then handball to your partner? try alternating nights - 2 on, 2 off.
    i too had a newborn and a toddler. time the babys nap for when your toddler naps/has quiet time. Then lay on the couch let toddler watch tv. i used to take bub to bed with me for 2hrs and let him have all access lol. i would fall asleep. Get some fresh air, grap a double stroller or whatever and take them both for a walk, the fresh air will put bub to sleep.
    the more naps bub gets in during the day, the better your nights will be.
    try working on a night time routine. wind bub down from 6pm, aim for a 7pm bedtime or whenever toddler goes to bed so you and your partner can have an early night or an extra couple hrs to yourslves before bub wakes for next feed. express some milk after the morning feeds. Let your partner do some of the feeds for when you just cant lift your head for the 10th time during the night!
    try a baby carrier - while shes still small?! during unsettled periods and when you NEED to get things done. a swing/bouncer for when she's unsettled or wakes after a cat nap. sometimes my ds would drift off in them in front of the tv hehehe.
    have all your toddlers toys at his reach so he can help himself all day. when baby is sleeping do some quiet baking/playdough/blocks/books with him. playdough was my fav cos i just sat there and kneeded the dough like a zombie. it felt like therapy lol.
    lower your standards in regards to housework and dinners ect. it wont be like this forever, just untill you find your grove.
    hang in there, sounds like its sleep deprivation talking
    Last edited by Lakey; 08-10-2013 at 13:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll have to look into buying another dummy. Will go to Kmart tomorrow. I need a new bra as well haha
    Last night was a good night. She slept, we didn't. She was grunting allll night long. I forgot about the odd noises newborns make when sleeping. They sound so angry.
    Yep, I've already started her on a routine. Bath at 6, moisturize, dressed, swaddle, milk, burp, into the bassinet she goes. Doesn't mean she falls asleep by 7 but I think a routine is great for babies and parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Routine is definitelyly good I wish I started earlier. But dd know now and gets grizzly if she doesn't have her bath spot on 6:30.