+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking like a mc after seeing heartbeat 7 wks

Warning TMI in this. Hi ladies. I didn't really know where to post this. Last Thurs morning I woke up and was spotting brown blood. I thought I was 8 weeks that day, but luckily enough, I had an u/s booked in anyway for a dating scan and it confirmed a bub and a heartbeat of 114 bpm but bubs measured 7 wks instead of 8. So relieved and happy to see it. The next day I was still getting the spotting but it was starting to turn reddish and I started cramping. I spoke to my ob on the phone and he was really confident that it wasnt a miscarriage as seeing the hb lowers the risk greatly. Anyway, over the weekend, Im getting more and more cramping but its not hurting that much - its just a dull pain like period pain and now its turning bright red and getting more. I must say its not going into my knickers but last time I went to the toilet, I had droplets going in which is the most I've had.
    Really not sure what to think now. I'm holding on to the fact that Im not having a mc but in a way think I am.
    I just needed to get this out of my system and tell someone/anyone. Im going to the drs tomorrow to see if I can see if we can see the hb or if Im losing my baby. So emotional right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, this is such a heart breaking time. Please - as hard as it sounds - try to relax. Plenty of the girls in my IVF due in group had early bright red bleeding and have now passed or are approaching 12 weeks. Stress is the worst thing for your body right now so do some meditation or something to help you relax and just keep thinking positive.
    Good luck for the next scan.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I agree with bedlover...try to relax (i know its hard)! I had about 10 days of spotting (everything from brown, pink, maroon, red & a few little clots) at about 6-7 weeks. I didn't have cramping though (or not much). My midwife essentially told me to wait it out & see what happens...plenty of women have spotting or bleeding in early pregnancy and everything turns out ok. I'm almost 26 weeks now.

Fx it works out ok for you...try to take it easy, if you can.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi We're 18 wks so far and have had bleeding/spotting from about 10-14 weeks. Bubbas fine and we've had about 6 scans!! It was a very minor placental abruption - a few of the thousands of blood vessels forming burst and clotted and we saw the remnence of that over 4 weeks. Very very stressful (sorry your going through it!!) but they said as long as the cervix is solid we're ok - so far we're ok
    Hope all is well today for you xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is such a difficult time, I've had this and had both scenarios of a m/c & a healthy baby so it's almost impossible to know which way it will go. Good luck for your next scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for the support. Im feeling a bit better this morning. Nothing has changed but I have an appt in a few hours. Hopefully I will see the hb again and the ob can put me at ease. I just need to know either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had bleeding (dark and red blood) for 5 days in weeks 10 and 11 (enough blood that a liner was not enough and I needed a pad) and now I'm 36 weeks with a big healthy bub on board.
    Lots of women have first trimester bleeding and everything turns out to be ok.
    I'd try and take comfort in your obs comment as hard as it is!
    Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As hard as it is to write this - I had an u/s and I got to see the bub but unfortunately there was no heartbeat. I was a mess. Still am but am having a d&c tomorrow. It breaks my heart that people have to endure this every day. Im so so grateful to have my little boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm so sorry xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    I experienced a m/c a few weeks ago and it's the most earth shattering thing that can happen. I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
    Be gentle with yourself, thinking of you and sending lots of hugs