+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It lasted two weeks for me after DS. Kicked in about day 3 after birth. I would cry about everything. Offers of help from friends, listening to music, looking at my baby. You name it, I cried about it. I cried all over the Child Health nurse too. But it passed eventually. I knew it was hormones as it felt so very different to when I had suffered from depression in the past.

I hope it passes quickly for you too, Sugarskull!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skips For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    How long did it last for you?
    first bub started day 2 and i "snapped out of it" 12 months later. Undiagnosed
    PND. no drungs, no professional help. Just Dh and i battled through it together. i'd neer even heard of PND untill i read up on it after it was bought up in a routine health check up for my DD.

Second bub was hard to say when it 'started'. i did not experience the "baby blues" in hosp like i did with my first. i think it kicked in after about 3 months.
    This time i asked for help from my mchn whe i knew it was happening again. Still no drugs, no real professional help appart from chn but a whole heap of support from DH "we" got through it after about 4 months.

i still have "fradgile moments" 9mths on afer the birth of my 2nd, but life is not as debilitating as it once was. Thanks to my wonderful understanding DH. i cant stress how important it was for my 'recovery' to have someone so close to me who was so strong and trusting during my weak and hopeless times for support 24/7.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lakey For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (08-10-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedMummy View Post
    From a week after and lasted about 4-5 weeks. I had DF monitoring me in case it went bad. Knew it wasn't PND as I still found joy in things and was excited to go out but knew it could also snap at any minute so told DF to watch me closely just in case. Hope you're ok x
    That was similar to my experience after DD's birth.. I had it severely after DS was born so knew the feeling.. but luckily with DD it felt different and was shortlived.. I had moments where my anxiety started taking over again and I felt like I was slipping, but it fizzled out over a couple of weeks and wasn't an all consuming depression.. I still felt OK at times.. And yes, for some reason it felt much worse at night..

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    I've been really down & anxious, more so in the evenings. I just feel like crying. I'm praying it's not another dose of PND. I don't think I could go through such a thing again.
    I just want to feel happy, safe and normal this time around.
    these were my thoughts with my second bub too. i actually coped so well the first few mths, had just the one teary day when i came home from hosp - i came home to a bombsite of a house. while trying to make room for all the gifts i reieved in hosp, there was just no room or organisiation and i left the house so clean and tidy before i went into hosp! i was just disapointed. My sister knew something was up and took my DD to the park to give dh and i some space. I think DH and i stayed in eachothers arms the whole 1.5hrs she was gone! it helped though.
    Then PND slowly got the better of me...slowlt slowly crept up on me...
    i hope you are ok.
    please reach out for help. you prob know the signs when "its just not normal". it was the best thing i ever did.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lakey For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you ladies. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. I increased my dose of antidepressants while in hospital with my OB's permission just so I could stay on top of it all. I'll call my psychologist today & see when I can see her.
    PND sucks.. I don't want to see its ugly head again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Today was the first day that I felt normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4 years until i got help. You clearly know the signs. Speak to your DH and get him to keep an eye on you. If you need help, please seek it. I suffered WAY too long.