+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Waiting, we are in Sydney with Genea and I am currently pregnant with number 2, and both of our successes have been through non-medicated FET's. In total we did 3 full cycles and had 1 ET, 4 FETs, plus 1 failed thaw. I found them to be much easier on the body, as there are no drugs, just monitoring, although during one FET cycle I was having BT's every day around ovulation time because my body was a couple of days late! All cycles were nerve wracking, but I found the FETs a lot easier to deal with because my body also wasn't a raging ball of hormones, which made your belly (and head!!) feel like it was going to explode . I am 38 now (bub due in Jan) and was 35 when my son was born in 2010. Our issues are MFI due to hubby's vasectomy, and we also needed genetic testing on all of our embryos as we both also carry the cystic fibrosis gene (which we didn't know about until we started IVF).

It's completely normal to feel nervous going into an FET as well, the whole process is stressful and nerve wracking no matter what stage you are at x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gilliebean1 For This Useful Post:

waitingmyturn  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitingmyturn View Post
    Thank u for all those details and congrats on ur successful FET. I was hoping due to taking less meds it would result in less visits to the clinic, I live a good couple of hours from mine and although I will do what I must is nice to know there will possibly be a little less travel lol. So was it just the progesterone u had to continue taking until the 12 week mark, like a fresh ivf cycle, or were there others u were required to take also?
    For me there were a lot less visits to te clinic, as they let me do bloods locally, and I only had to go in for one scan, and then transfer.

i had to take both progesterone and progynova until 12 weeks... (Started weaning off the dose at 10 weeks)...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

waitingmyturn  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. My dh and i did our first ivf icsi cycle sept 2012. I was 34 and dh 35. They collected 11 eggs, 5 fertilised and 2 made it to day 5 blasts. First emb tfrd but Bfn. 2nd emb was frozen and thawed sucessfully and tfrd the following month and bfp. Our beautiful healthy baby boy was born june 2013.
    We had been ttc for 4 yrs. The whole ivf experience had taken a massive emotional and physical toll on me and dh. We where extremely lucky to get our little miracal and i can not thank the people at monash ivf enough for their help and support to achieve our little boy but i dont think dh and i would do ivf again. I dont think i could cope if it didnt work. Its such a hard rollercoaster to be on and my heart goes out to anyone who is going down the ivf path.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sethysmum For This Useful Post:

waitingmyturn  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u to u all for ur replies :-) I have had my appointment with the FS and she has told me that other then the ET I shouldn't have to travel to the clinic throughout the FET process as my local medical Centre should be able to do the blood tests required for it. I am doing a medicated cycle using clomid and progesterone.

QUOTE=Sethysmum;7487021]Hi there. My dh and i did our first ivf icsi cycle sept 2012. I was 34 and dh 35. They collected 11 eggs, 5 fertilised and 2 made it to day 5 blasts. First emb tfrd but Bfn. 2nd emb was frozen and thawed sucessfully and tfrd the following month and bfp. Our beautiful healthy baby boy was born june 2013.
    We had been ttc for 4 yrs. The whole ivf experience had taken a massive emotional and physical toll on me and dh. We where extremely lucky to get our little miracal and i can not thank the people at monash ivf enough for their help and support to achieve our little boy but i dont think dh and i would do ivf again. I dont think i could cope if it didnt work. Its such a hard rollercoaster to be on and my heart goes out to anyone who is going down the ivf path.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app[/QUOTE]
    Hi hun congrats on the birth of ur baby boy in June this year. I'm sorry to hear that it took so long to achieve ur miracle I agree the ivf process is far from easy and takes all ur strength. I know that for me personally after ttc for a couple years and no luck as well as no understanding from gps and alot of judgement received due to my age ivf was a relief in the sense that finally we knew what was wrong and what options were available, but nothing could prepare us for what we were about to experience.

Now that I have been down the ivf path I feel strong, I understand more about myself then ev er r before and while at times I do feel sad about having to create a baby thisway
    each time & wonder how I would cope if it did not work I try not to focus on the negatives. My partner and I also are quite open about it too... we are very grateful to live in an age where this technology is available and if others do not agree with our decision to go through ivf then that's there own issue to deal with as a young woman who has gone through this I encourage other young women to not allow drs to brush them off if they feel something isnt right fertility-wise whether planning a family or not
    Last edited by waitingmyturn; 18-10-2013 at 15:16.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to waitingmyturn For This Useful Post:

Sethysmum  (24-10-2013)