+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Red face Looking for your experience :-)

Hello ladies,

Wow its been a long time since my last post on this forum! My reason for posting today is because I am looking for individual experiences of peoples first attempt at an FET.

- What the process was.
    - How many trips u had to make to the clinic over the course of the FET cycle.
    - The differences u experienced between a fresh cycle and a FET.
    -How you felt both at the beginning and throughout the process.

Also for those who feel comfortable:
    - What your age was?
    - Whst the outcome was?
    - Which clinic u used? (Specifically those in WA)

The reason I ask is I am a 22y/o mum (PCOS & blocked tubes) to a 7m/o baby girl concieved through our first attempt of a fresh IVF cycle at Concept Fertility centre in Perth and now my DP and I are starting to look at future cycles. However, I feel more nervous now then I did the first time lol silly I know really looking forward to hearing others stories! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitingmyturn View Post
    Hello ladies,

Wow its been a long time since my last post on this forum! My reason for posting today is because I am looking for individual experiences of peoples first attempt at an FET.

- What the process was.

- What your age was?
    - Whst the outcome was?

The reason I ask is I am a 22y/o mum (PCOS & blocked tubes) to a 7m/o baby girl concieved through our first attempt of a fresh IVF cycle at Concept Fertility centre in Perth and now my DP and I are starting to look at future cycles. However, I feel more nervous now then I did the first time lol silly I know really looking forward to hearing others stories! !
    Hi I'm from NSW. I'm 31 and hubby 33 we had our first ICSI cycle in January this year. We had had two embryos left from 7 after egg pick up. After pick up we lost 5 in the first day which didn't seem promising. We were lucky the 2 lasted to day 5. They were very good quality. One was transferred and we were so lucky to get pregnant and now expecting a baby girl due in 8 or so days
    Visited clinic about every 2-3 days for blood tests and ultrasounds and to pick up more medication. We went through Genea.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

waitingmyturn  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 3 fet's. 2 natural and 1 medicated. All bfns. I'd recommend a medicated fet though, simply because
    The guesswork is taken out and you know that the correct hormones are present. I went though Qfg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bluemarlin For This Useful Post:

waitingmyturn  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u for ur reply clucky14 and congratulations on the nearing birth of ur baby girl (how exciting! ) yes I remember every 2 days going to the clinic with our fresh cycle too but unsure about how it goes with a frozen one - trying not to assume it would be more or less so I thought I would ask hear from others

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

- What the process was.

- What your age was?
    - Whst the outcome was?

Im 38, and i was at Hollywood in Perth. we had MFI (due to vasectomy). I had two medicated FETs (from two different stim cycles). The first was BFN, but the second was a BFP. (I had 5 stim cycles, all BFNs).

i much preferred FET cycles as they involve far less drugs (and therefore the side effects and discomfort of stimulated ovaries), and obviously they don't involve an egg collection I felt like my body was in a much calmer state to receive an embryo than it was after a stimulated cycle.

From memory, I started an oral drug (progynova) at the beginning of my cycle, had one scan to check the thickness of my lining (not sure if I had additional blood tests), and, as it was fine, I was directed to start progesterone pessaries in preparation of the transfer. If it had not been thick enough, I would have had another scan in a few days. Drugs were continued until week 12 of pregnancy, with weekly blood tests.

Hope that helps...

good luck! Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemarlin View Post
    I've had 3 fet's. 2 natural and 1 medicated. All bfns. I'd recommend a medicated fet though, simply because
    The guesswork is taken out and you know that the correct hormones are present. I went though Qfg
    Thank u for sharing ur experience with me bluemarlin. I'm so sorry to hear u have had no success with ur FETs I hope u get some good news soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

- What the process was.

- What your age was?
    - Whst the outcome was?

I'm interested to know this too
    Dd is 8 months now and conceived IVF/icsi first cycle. I have pcos and endometriosis. We have 7 frozen embryos and I'm interested to hear how it all works.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    Im 38, and i was at Hollywood in Perth. we had MFI (due to vasectomy). I had two medicated FETs (from two different stim cycles). The first was BFN, but the second was a BFP. (I had 5 stim cycles, all BFNs).

i much preferred FET cycles as they involve far less drugs (and therefore the side effects and discomfort of stimulated ovaries), and obviously they don't involve an egg collection I felt like my body was in a much calmer state to receive an embryo than it was after a stimulated cycle.

From memory, I started an oral drug (progynova) at the beginning of my cycle, had one scan to check the thickness of my lining (not sure if I had additional blood tests), and, as it was fine, I was directed to start progesterone pessaries in preparation of the transfer. If it had not been thick enough, I would have had another scan in a few days. Drugs were continued until week 12 of pregnancy, with weekly blood tests.

Hope that helps...

good luck! Xx
    Thank u for all those details and congrats on ur successful FET. I was hoping due to taking less meds it would result in less visits to the clinic, I live a good couple of hours from mine and although I will do what I must is nice to know there will possibly be a little less travel lol. So was it just the progesterone u had to continue taking until the 12 week mark, like a fresh ivf cycle, or were there others u were required to take also?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done 5 FETs. 3 Natural and 2 Medicated.

The natural cycles I had 1st BT on CD 10, then further BTs as directed until ovulation was confirmed. This varied from 2-4 BTs depending on what my hormones were doing. I also had 1 scan each cycle to check for a dominant follicle and lining thickness. I used progesterone pessaries from O day until the end of the TWW. The FET was booked for 5dpo each time as our embryos were frozen as day 5 blasts.

The Medicated cycles I started ethinyl estradiol (EE) on CD 1, had a BT and scan on CD 10, started pessaries on CD 14 and had FET on CD 19. This was easier as there were less BTs but the EE made me nauseous so I preferred natural cycles.

FETs are much easier on the body as all the excess hormones from stimming are gone and your ovaries are back to normal size. No needles and no egg collection are a big plus too!

We had BFNs for 4 FETs, then BFP on the 5th FET and I'm now 9wks pregnant. Although 35 at the time of FET, the embie was frozen when I was 33. I'm with Genea in Sydney.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post: