+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Best carrier for small baby?

Hi guys

I'm after a carrier for DD2. She was born 5 weeks prem and at 4 weeks she weighs 2.4kg. She is a great baby but needs to be held constantly. Which I'm fine with, but DH goes back to work tomorrow and DD1 is on school holidays and I'm really nervous about how I'll get anything done!

I have heard good things about the ergo with the infant insert but on their site they say for 3.2kg +... Do you think a smaller bub could sit comfortably in it?

I already have a hugabub but she doesn't like it, I'm hoping she will when she's a bit bigger but doesn't help me much now haha.

I'm going to go try some this afternoon but would be good to go in there with some ideas.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd is a tiny pocket baby!! At least that's what I call her. I have an ergo.. shes been in it since 2.5kgs... With the infant insert. . She did look little but it didn't seem to bother her. She's also very short.
    I also had a mini monkey sling I bought on ebay for $5!! And I have to say when she was little she was great in the sling.. she liked the cuddly position more than the ergo at that stage.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (06-10-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    a ring sling would be my personal choice

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (06-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I forgot to add she likes to be held in the frog position on my chest, I can only cradle her when she's already asleep... It's exhausting!

I do have a ring sling from DD1 somewhere though, I should give that a go and just see if she likes that one.

It's good to know that an ergo can be used when they're a bit smaller she's long for her weight so hopefully that helps a little too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ring sling or a mei tai. Or a sleepy wrap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the help ladies I took DD to the baby store and we tried a bunch on and she was most happy in the ergo which I was surprised at when I saw how it big it was! But she seems so secure in it, I'm definitely confident in wearing her now. So excited!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (06-10-2013),headoverfeet  (06-10-2013),Tamtam  (06-10-2013)