+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! 😊
    I'm new to this thread but wanted to share a bit of my story. My partner had a vasectomy 13 yrs ago (due to not wanting anymore kids with his then partner). We meet 8 years ago. We tried Isci for 5 years and finally now have a 15month old baby girl 😄💗. Yes we had many attempts fresh and frozen. I was ready to give up after a fail to defrost frozen embys but decided to do one more fresh cycle and that's the one who got my miracle. From this cycle I had two 5 day blasts. So 1 transferred (miracle baby 😘) and 1 frozen. I'm now 6dpt5dt and waiting for a bfn 🙏.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Swirls22 For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @StillHopeful hope you a staring at a bfp very soon !!!
    yes hun only means yo get 1 egg @Swirls22 hi hun what a journey you have been on - any news yet?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Felicia For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (26-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Felicia no news yet. I've had bfn's everyday for 4 days now. Official test Tuesday. Not looking good though. Just don't understand how one worked from the one cycle and the other is exactly the same and isn't working .

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many unsuccessful experiences lately 😔 I hope everyone ttc in whichever way they chose or path they are on now, does so soon 💗

In regards to the first SA test done after a VR I just wanted to add that it does take 90 days for a full sperm cycle, any testing before then would usually be of the sperm that had been in the vas etc and has very low mobility etc as it is basically old sperm that has been going through the cycle.
    I have read a few people are confused or/and frustrated as to why only the sperm count is given to them after the first SA, it would no doubt be because that first SA is done around 6-10 weeks and all the old slow sperm would be all they would be testing so most don't see any point of testing it or giving those results at that early stage.
    I hope this may make some feel better by mentioning it 💜

I have been a part of another small group where 98% have fallen pregnant, post VR, some within that 3-6 month period and some later, a couple have by going the ICSI way after a couple of tries or so.
    Such a tough decision to choose between the 2! 😣 It concerns me that there seems to be only a small window of opportunity to conceive after VR yet I used to think it's great if down the track you want baby #2. Not no sure on how permanent a VR is now 😞 there are always cons either way though mehhhhh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @monroe78 I agree there are pros and cons each way, it's a tough decision but I guess only each individual couple can choose what is best for them xx

That makes sense re the sperm test results! Although I have to say in our case even at the 12 month mark when the dr gave results he didn't mention motility at all and still recommended a second VR would be successful even though the IVF clinic results showed very poor motility. But who knows who to believe in this case!

We are currently in our 2ww of a natural FET cycle of ICSI. It's our first transfer after my first EPU in Nov ended in OHSS. Another positive for a VR I suppose - less taxing for our bodies. I guess we'll see where we end up!

I hope everyone finds success in their TTC journeys. Please keep us updated xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emily3011 that's ridiculous that at the 12 mth SA you weren't given that info. I understand why they wouldn't under 12 weeks post VR but not at that stage! I am wondering why it seems to be a regular occurrence lately as couples used to always get the whole SA results! Seems a bit dodgy to be honest. We have phoned around our local private hospitals and found urologist who use the same techniques as Woolcott and Metrocentre and will probably go with one of our local private hospitals, I hope they will be more forthcoming in testing and results! They all charge a lot less too and do the op multiple times a week as well, they just haven't chosen to have a flashy website to advertise it, so fingers crossed for a more unbiased approach 😊👍

Good luck, I hope you get your positive! 💜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you and good luck to you also! Hope to hear some good news on this thread one day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any luck ladies ????or update

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @Felicia! I got my BFP on the 17th Feb through my first frozen embryo transfer after ICSI! I'm still waiting for my first scan which isn't until 8 weeks on the 13th march, so fingers crossed it all goes well. How are you going?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emily3011 For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (04-03-2015),StillHopeful  (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emily3011fantasic - well done what a wonderful gift
    no scan yet - life has gotten busy for us and dh working long hours and we sold and buying and building , so I think we will only get time for scan next month to see how dh tubes are .