+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know that TESA is our next option, but it means freezing all my eggs whilst organising that and waiting. They also don't do it at my clinic (low cost clinic) so that will be a headache to organise. Can I ask what you paid for that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful- it has been along journey and it's tough I will admit that
    I just want to know know if we can conceieve or not so I can move on
    we won't be going ivf route
    if anything international adoption
    can I aak did you go back and see dr leich?
    Dh first spermHaha count what high then second one much lower - which I'm guessing would indicate blockage/scarring
    left side of dh is quite a raised scar
    don't know where to head to look for answers I guess an ultrasound would show or whether we just leave it as it and move on
    i will say a very warm blessing for you for Wednesday - I hope your new journey is fruitful!
    Last edited by Felicia; 11-01-2015 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No we haven't gone back to see him, only conversed over the phone. If there isn't anything on Wednesday, I may get in contact again but we won't be going for a redo. Just continue on ICSI with sperm retrieval.

Thank you for your well wishes. I hope you are able to conceive or are successful in adopting. I would get another SA away from Dr Lekich and then one through him and his opinion. I'm very suspicious on FSs and sometimes wonder if our latest sample was completely accurate ( obviously it can't be far off because we aren't pregnant, but they did say they wash the sperm and test it under stress as it would be to fertilise so I don't know if the results we got were before or after that as another push to go through with IVF). I'm just praying this works because emotionally I'm exhausted.

Again, all the best x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh had sperm removed instead of VR as recommended by FS. The factors for us were: years since vasectomy done and my age (chance of conceiving without IVF). We then did isci with success. One thing to bear in mind is that fertilization rates is generally lower for testicular sperm compared to ejaculated sperm. This didn't prevent our success luckily.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jast For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (06-06-2016),StillHopeful  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really don't remember ow much it cost but it got us our only Ivf miracle. The TESA sperm that is. All our other attempts were needle biopsy. Our last attempt we went back to the TESA frozen sperm and it got us another BFP but we lost bubs at 14 weeks and I'm done. I don't have enough emotional energy to try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful and @Felicia My DH and I had the same experience as you guys! VR at metrocentre and good initial results (they gave us sperm count results only though) and later this declined likely due to scarring over. When we went to see a FS they told he had extremely poor motility and we wouldn't have known this if we just went ahead with another VR.

Now we are undergoing ICSI, had an EPU in November and got 5 frozen embryos out of that. Had to freeze all due to OHSS and hopefully we will have our first transfer in a few weeks.

I don't regret doing the VR first because it meant my DH could provide a sperm sample much easier but I would definitely recommend people getting more than one opinion on both options. It's still a tough decision cause they will both sell their way and I guess you just won't know until you try!

Best wishes to everyone x

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emily3011 For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (12-01-2015),StillHopeful  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful and @Felicia My DH and I had the same experience as you guys! VR at metrocentre and good initial results (they gave us sperm count results only though) and later this declined likely due to scarring over. When we went to see a FS they told he had extremely poor motility and we wouldn't have known this if we just went ahead with another VR.

Now we are undergoing ICSI, had an EPU in November and got 5 frozen embryos out of that. Had to freeze all due to OHSS and hopefully we will have our first transfer in a few weeks.

I don't regret doing the VR first because it meant my DH could provide a sperm sample much easier but I would definitely recommend people getting more than one opinion on both options. It's still a tough decision cause they will both sell their way and I guess you just won't know until you try!

Best wishes to everyone x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emily3011 For This Useful Post:

StillHopeful  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emily3011
    WOW I'm shocked there is soooooo many of us!!!!
    No have a sinking gut feeling this is the case for us tioo... Scarring over
    will make an appointment for dh when he wants to go have an ultrasound with dr lechich and check for this
    I feel abit distraught to be honest ..... 2 yrs of ttc and it takes it toll emotionally - this just makes me upset even more
    I don't know what to do
    im feeling stunned
    I would only go for natural cycle Ivf/ or mini Ivf
    as I'm allergic to even the pill
    but it's not offered in Australia
    @LilyPilly I'm sorry for your lose and your hard journey I'm hoping you are able to take something amazing out of it in time.
    I have followed your journey xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Felicia I have been reading along also for you. I think it needs investigation. You can't have a baby with no sperm. Ivf is hard and expensive but there are different options and protocols. Gosh it's totally sucky to think that nothing might be getting through.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Felicia oh no, I hope this hasn't stressed you! It's a good idea to go in and get it checked out so you have a better idea of what's going on. Did dr Lekich tell you that DH has low motility? We didn't find this out until we went for advice on IVF.

I hope you get some idea of how you can go forward. Do you mind me asking why you won't consider IVF? I wasn't sure if I would go through with it either at first due - my reasons were due to what it involves physically and emotionally.

Would love to hear how you go with things!