+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @StillHopefull I was thinking of you all in this thread the other day how absolutely wonderful !!! Wow 5th cycle
    congrats - what wonderful news and just before Father's Day xxxx

im still in the no ttc land - no preventing though , DH has other ideas I think

how did you feel and how was the IVF jounrey - hard ? Easy? Fun?
    Much love x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Felicia,

Very long and many disappointments! And nail biting! I'm not out of the woods yet, we made it past this 6 months ago with the MC. But if it works, every heartbreak will be worth it x

Do you mean DH wants to start trying again or no? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome @StillHopeful!!! Congratulations!!! We will be starting ICSI in Jan if we haven't fallen naturally beforehand. With the results we are getting that would be highly unlikely! So roll on jan for the Medicare safety net roll over lol!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (04-10-2015),StillHopeful  (05-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks oneday, wish you all the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @StillHopeful How you feeling Hun still poas hehehe hope you are well
    Dh just wants to enjoy each other and in 3 yrs he will get the vasectomy done again if not fallen pregnant by then , his idea is truthful and relaxed so will go with that . I mean we haven't fallen pregnant in 2.5 yrs if good trying I think we're pretty safe
    ds will be 11 yrs by then so I think I will be fully moved on with the baby land

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vasectomy Reversal OR ICSI/IVF? Not sure which way to go!

Hi Ladies!

Any VR updates? @monroe78 , would love to hear how your story turned out!

I'm from the Gold Coast and my husband is two weeks into his recovery. A local urologist, Dr Chris Tracey, did his op at Pindara. The total cost was $1,200 including gap, PHI excess and aneathasist costs.

We had originally booked at the Metrocentre but heard of the cheaper alternative just days before the his op was scheduled there. It looks like the Metrocentre is closed down now?

Anyway, so far so good. We have a follow-up appointment with Dr Tracey this week. We're so excited to be just that little bit closer to starting our family.

We've heard so much mixed advice on recovery/when is an okay time to start trying so I'd love to hear what everyone else knows!
    Last edited by SurferGalGC; 04-10-2015 at 22:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @SurferGalGC
    we jumped off the ttc wagon 2.5 yes after VR - haven't gone back to dr leichet.... Metro centre - Maybe never if it's closed down? Is that at gold coast that's where my DH had is surgery
    Good luck with your results I sure hope you get a great result !!!!
    we weren't allowed to start trying untill 3 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww no, sorry to hear that!

Yeah, the GC Metrocentre looks like it's gone.. unless it's just moved.

Thanks for letting me know the timeframe to start ttc. I think I've been a little bit excited/naive to think it's a quick process. I'm still optimistic though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    Aww no, sorry to hear that!

Yeah, the GC Metrocentre looks like it's gone.. unless it's just moved.

Thanks for letting me know the timeframe to start ttc. I think I've been a little bit excited/naive to think it's a quick process. I'm still optimistic though!
    Hi surfergal! We had our VR with a private urologist December last year and only technically had to wait 2 weeks post op before ttc but although his recovery was amazing, DF was a little cautious so I think we waited about 3.5-4weeks from memory! Surgery was a technical success but his number/quality/motility have been decreasing ever since, but they are still there! We have got the ball rolling and are ready to start IVF/ICSI in Jan if we haven't been successful before then. It looks like there are a lot of us that haven't had a positive outcome, but I don't regret our decision to try VR first. While the almost $4k we paid out for the VR would have been nice for IVF, you just don't know till you try! And while it's unlikely...miracles do happen with VR so we will always keep fingers crossed

Good luck to you, hope you are one of the lucky ones! The only advice I can give is make sure you get copies of your post VR semen analysis results! I know some of the girls have basically been lied to by their surgeons and were given a lot of false hope! Ours didn't, he was very realistic and forthcoming with our results-just makes it easier to get your head around!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (05-10-2015),StillHopeful  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi surfergirl, I wish you all the best for a short and successful TTC journey.

Great advice from Onedaymaybebaby x

We had our VR over 2 years ago now at MetroCentre GC, he does have a brissy clinic too so I wonder if he has just kept 1 going/moved etc. Cost us 10k which stung a bit as like Onedaaybebaby's it was a technical success (return of semen) but the numbers/quality etc never came good enough and even began declining after a year. Started IVF ICSI in December and after FIVE rounds and a miscarriage (and another near year of my life down) I am now 8 weeks pregnant 🎉 I never thought our journey would be this long and heartbreaking, after reading some of the USA threads I was waiting to post our success after just weeks. I wish someone had of told me our serious chances but either way I was impatient and determined to be the 'lucky' case. I don't regret the VR, it made the ivf journey much simpler, We still aren't out of the woods but with constant morning sickness and huge boobs I'm taking them as great signs and have never been happier as right now. Maybe to want and wait for something so desperately has made it all the more sweeter?

Again, good luck xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (05-10-2015),onedaymaybebaby  (05-10-2015)