+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was watching a tv show last night (ER) and they diagnosed a woman with cancer (kidney? liver? something hereditary- her mother had died of it) and she was 18w pregnant, she opted to have a one op removing the tumor and a termination at the same time so she could have chemo. During the operation they discovered that it was stage 4- 2% chance of living past a few months (long enough to gestate to viability) so she was going to die anyway. The husband couldn't bring himself to override her wishes for the termination, so she lost the baby and died anyway (guessing she died, the storyline ended there).

Anyway my point is is if I was going to die soon I wouldn't pick me, I would pick the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giveitago View Post
    Pregnant with first baby - save the baby.
    Pregnant with subsequent children - save the mother.

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013
    This is what I'd say for myself. Though I look at Katelyn in my arms right now and think if the last thing I'd have done in this world was giving her life then so be it.

Head says save me, heart says save the baby.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Me. But its a horrible scenario >_<

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My parents were put in this position. Mum was put into hospital at 10 weeks and didn't come out until after i was born. Everyday the doctors would come in a plead with her to abort me. They were convinced that she wouldn't make it through the pregnancy or the birth. They choose me. It was a miracle that we both survived.

It's a no trainer for me and Dh. It would be the baby. I couldn't live with myself if a baby died due to my actions.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giveitago View Post
    Pregnant with first baby - save the baby.
    Pregnant with subsequent children - save the mother.

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013
    Yep, this exactly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband and I were recently faced with the possibility of a life threatening pregnancy. We both decided with 3 toddlers plus 2 older children my husband wouldn't cope alone so to save a baby we didn't know and deprive our children of a mother when they are so young wasn't an option. So at this stage in our life it would be me over a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As PP's have said- I'd choose baby, DH would choose me.
    Horrible to think about

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd choose baby, I hope DH would respect my wishes. He is more than capable to raise our kids, he would do a great job (and he knows I have faith in him to raise them properly).

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

Jellyfishie  (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me. My other children need their mum.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

beebs  (05-10-2013),SassyMummy  (05-10-2013),smeksyluvzherbabys  (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP would say me.

There were complications during the birth of my second baby, and it was strongly recommended for me to have a c-section next time, and I was told I'd risk losing my baby if I didn't.
    When I fell pregnant with Dd3 I had a different ob who discussed all the risks for me and baby associated with both options (a vb or c-section), and left it up to me to decide. We weighed up everything and ultimately DP and I made our decision based on what would be the least risk to me, but meant a greater risk to baby, given my history. Thankfully all turned out ok, and I don't like to think about it now DD3 is here
    Last edited by 1234Guest; 05-10-2013 at 20:45.