+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Almost 3 yr old playing up...

My almost 3 yr old is waking at crack of sunlight of a morning. She goes straight into her younger brothers room And wakes him up too. She is tired and cranky and we have to deal with them both like this at stupid hour of the morning.
    she still needs Her day sleep or she is a mess by her 5pm dinner time and won't eat. Her day sleep is from 2-3pm. (Or whenever she goes off to bed herself)
    bed time of a night has always been a consistent 7pm but as of late she is getting up and coming out her room until 9.30pm.

She he has always loved her sleep up until recently. How do I stop her waking her brother of. A morning ? She flat out refuses any quiet time And won't go back to her room or bed. She comes into our room And screams at us to get her breakfAst.

Can an anyone offer their help ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It really sounds like she might be ready to transition to no day sleep. Could you do dinner really early (4-4.30pm) so she will eat, then a supper of something healthy that she loves a bit later until she starts to adjust?

Alternatively, have you heard of a gro clock? Ours worked wonderfully to keep our DD (3) in bed until 6am. She was getting up ridiculously early too and was miserable but now knows she needs to stay I bed until the sun comes up on her clock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thankyou for the advice sajimum,
    i have started to teach her to stay in her room the last few mornings. i dont care if she doesnt sleep atm but i want her to know it is quiet time as the baby is still sleeping and she must not open her door untill the baby wakes up or we wont be able to go out and play. she then stopped comming out her room and was just mucking around in her room quietly. This morning she must have gotten bored because she went back to sleep untill 8am!. i was so proud of her and she got a sticker.
    im doing exactly the same for her day sleep. ive decided i dont want to cut that out yet.
    as for bed time at 7pm - a work in progress but im doing the same thing. Go to bed, dont open you door and wake the baby or we cant play tomorrow because you will be too tired.
    Last edited by Lakey; 07-10-2013 at 12:48.