+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I last weighed myself on Monday, I was 56.2kg. I try to only weigh myself once a week.

I find that the numbers can go up and down slightly over the week so I try not to weigh myself every day as it can be a bit misleading.

My aim for the week is to stick to my low carb eating plan (less than 20g carbs per day) and then weigh myself at the end of the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Weigh yourself at the same time. You generally weigh a lot less in the mornings than other times of the day.

Weigh once a week as weight can fluctuate according to fluids etc. I have often been 1kg lighter day before weigh in, so frustrating.

It's really hard to not obsess about the scales, but I would recommend you get someone to do your measurements as well. Sometimes the scales don't budge, but the cm do.

I'm on my last 4 weeks of Michelle bridges, so will join this challenge for a kick in the butt I need to stay motivated.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (10-10-2013),BH-KatiesMum  (10-10-2013),~Marigold~  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    How are you not hungry?!!!! LOL...

Well done!
    Haha I don't know!

It's not until 3-4pm that I get a bit hungry but try to ignore the hunger and push through..? Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    I last weighed myself on Monday, I was 56.2kg. I try to only weigh myself once a week.

I find that the numbers can go up and down slightly over the week so I try not to weigh myself every day as it can be a bit misleading.

My aim for the week is to stick to my low carb eating plan (less than 20g carbs per day) and then weigh myself at the end of the week.
    You are tiny!!! LOL... 55kg is my goal weight - not sure I will get there as my body has changed a lot since having my babies - I would be heaps happy with anywhere between 55-60kg (obviously long term, LOL)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    You are tiny!!! LOL... 55kg is my goal weight - not sure I will get there as my body has changed a lot since having my babies - I would be heaps happy with anywhere between 55-60kg (obviously long term, LOL)!
    Same as me!

I was 55kgs pre baby.. She's now 2 and I'm not back to that - eek!!

Question: I reeeeeeally need to drink more water but I always forget, any ideas how I can get more into me? I only drink maybe 2 glasses a day :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Keep a glass on the kitchen sink and drink water every time you're at the sink.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am finding if I have a water bottle nearby, I tend to drink more - not often but I drink water in big "chunks", LOL... I had 5 400ml drink bottles yesterday and 3 herbal tea!

Another alternative is to maybe make up some lemon or strawberry water and put in fridge... The T2 shop sells an awesome jug where you can chop up the fruit and put in like a tube/filter and then fill with water - next time I'm at Westfield I might get one.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I need to up my water intake as well. I'm good when I'm at work and refill my water bottle all day long, but at home not so much.
    Question.... Does drinking water really aid weightloss? If two people (hypothetically) were exactly the same weight, ate the same for an entire week etc... but one didn't drink water, would there be a difference? I know that water helps fill you up and that thirst can often be mistaken for hunger, but does drinking it actually make you lose weight?

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it too late for me to join??

I had a bit of a shock - i never weigh myself as i have never had too (high metabolism usually) - but i found my clothes feeling tight - got on scales and Im at 68!! I have never been above 55 EVER (except when pregnant) so that was a huge shock for me.

My problem is i have ZERO idea about whats good / bad food etc as i have never watched what i eat.

I THINK one of my main bad habits is wine / beer - i assume that is uber fattening? SO my goals:

Cut back on booze - stock up with soda water and fresh lime / mint so i can drink that instead (and obvs water)

Try to cut back to 2 coffees a day and when i have them use skim milk and one sugar instead of 2. (substitue with herbal teas).

Wholemeal bread and pasta instead of white (no way will i be able to cut them completely).

Clean cooking (trying not to use packet mixes)

Healthy snacks?? HELP??? Im thinking veggie sticks / fruit / avo on rye crackers / almonds??? / eggs.

Walk at least 3 x a day (realistically this will be all i can do due to hubbys work schedule and having little girls that cant keep up yet).

Does that sound like it might work?

And what is a realistic goal to lose each week or fortnight?

Hope I can join!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (10-10-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    Is it too late for me to join??

I had a bit of a shock - i never weigh myself as i have never had too (high metabolism usually) - but i found my clothes feeling tight - got on scales and Im at 68!! I have never been above 55 EVER (except when pregnant) so that was a huge shock for me.

My problem is i have ZERO idea about whats good / bad food etc as i have never watched what i eat.

I THINK one of my main bad habits is wine / beer - i assume that is uber fattening? SO my goals:

Cut back on booze - stock up with soda water and fresh lime / mint so i can drink that instead (and obvs water)

Try to cut back to 2 coffees a day and when i have them use skim milk and one sugar instead of 2. (substitue with herbal teas).

Wholemeal bread and pasta instead of white (no way will i be able to cut them completely).

Clean cooking (trying not to use packet mixes)

Healthy snacks?? HELP??? Im thinking veggie sticks / fruit / avo on rye crackers / almonds??? / eggs.

Walk at least 3 x a day (realistically this will be all i can do due to hubbys work schedule and having little girls that cant keep up yet).

Does that sound like it might work?

And what is a realistic goal to lose each week or fortnight?

Hope I can join!
    Welcome Your plan sounds great.. That's basically how I lost weight, by making small changes like you mentioned; swap white high carb for wholegrain/rye, limit alcohol (I cut it out altogether when I really want to lose weight) and basically try to eliminate sugar and processed foods.
    Snack on high protein foods such as eggs and lean meat. Swap butter / margarine for avocado or cottage cheese. Cut your portion size.
    I like to aim for a 1 kilo loss per week (it is often more).

Experiment with food/cooking- have fun with it! Make a batch of green soup (detox soup, pretty much any green veg you can find- spinach, coriander, leek, zuchinni, cabbage, brocolli etc) freeze in meal sized portions and have one serve every day or so...
    Exercise if you can, even just a brisk walk will do.. aim for 30 or more minutes per day.
    Good luck

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (10-10-2013)