+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    No, you can introduce them slowly back after 3 days.

It seriously kills your cravings, detoxes the body and drops weight.

You must walk 30 mins a day.
    Thanks BRV. Is it breast feeding friendly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Thanks for that BL - I just feel like I eat so much! I wonder if my appetite will drop once I finish breastfeeding (not that I am planning to for a while). I will aim for 200-300 more cals then I think.
    Sajimum I aimed for 1400-1500 cals per day when I was counting them. It was a good number for me, I was full but still losing weight. I'm not counting anymore since I've now got a rough idea of how many cals/portion size of the things I eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your 4 week mini challenge coincided with the end of my 10 week personal challenge so I thought I'd share my progress pic
    Down from 72 to 61kg ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1384391537.552561.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tricks For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-11-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @tricks that is a great result. What measures did you take to lose it?

You know what, right now my weight is floating between 63kg and 65kg.. but I look nothing like you do... Looking at myself in the mirror I still feel like a 78kg blob. I mean I can definitely see the changes in my body and I think I look fine in clothes, but I can't seem to tone up properly. I know it's from having two kids but considering I weigh close to you in your "after" pick, why the hell don't I look like that?!!

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    @tricks that is a great result. What measures did you take to lose it?

You know what, right now my weight is floating between 63kg and 65kg.. but I look nothing like you do... Looking at myself in the mirror I still feel like a 78kg blob. I mean I can definitely see the changes in my body and I think I look fine in clothes, but I can't seem to tone up properly. I know it's from having two kids but considering I weigh close to you in your "after" pick, why the hell don't I look like that?!!

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Thank you
    I was on 1800 calories a day, I'd struggled to lose weight for almost two years, I got on the clean eating bandwagon and fell off many times before I realised it wasn't for me. I'm just not that active, I enjoy a packet of chips every now and then!
    This was lost with virtually no exercise, and simply a change to mindset.
    I stopped caring. I thought eff it. I won't ever be super skinny (not that I wanted that), I won't ever be a gym junkie or total clean eater but I can incorporate some of it into my own lazy lifestyle. I found a dense calorie breakfast which I LOVE eating (Bircher muesli vanilla yogurt and fruit salad) which caused me to be fuller for longer, I eat lightly for lunch, either a wrap or sandwich or salad, sometimes even a cheeseburger! My success has melted down to finally accepting my body shape, by learning that the number on the scale has no bearing on how I look or feel, that it's about photos, and measurements and eating what I feel like eating at the time. Not depressing myself and sticking to rigid meal plans. I threw my hands in the air and said **** it. I live with my mum and 3yo, I eat what she makes for dinner regardless of what it is and that includes take out every Wednesday. I'm not a big drinker so that's in my favour. But honestly, I just began to like myself again, and not feel pressured to do what everyone else is doing. I have reached a plateau now though in the sense my body is used to this routine and I am purely on maintenance and toning.
    I'm a big emotional eater and sometimes have no self control. I over eat some days ie 2100 calories so the next day I will only eat 1500 calories so my 7 days total equals the same calories for the week.

You need to remember we are all different shapes and sizes with different bones and muscle structures and it all adds up. It's your genes, it could be as simple as more sleep. For me it was ****ty lifestyle and an even ****tier mindset. And it wasn't easy, once I fell off the bandwagon 382773 times and started on Monday more than I've had hot dinners, put on more weight than before I was even trying to lose, I just decided to love myself. And give myself positive attention, not always make the best choices but always go for the healthiest, to not deprive myself, to accept my body shape, to not feel guilty for what I put in my mouth and blame myself and put myself down for it. I guess I just got so sick and tired of hating myself that I had to change it, not just for me but my little dude as well. **** that was a long rant, but I wanted you to have some insight into my mind frame and not some glossed over crap that some other people give you. Lol. I'm happy to answer any direct questions, sorry I went off on a tangent there. I'll also add, I lost 25kg pre baby with this exact same mind frame and I have been clawing my way back here for 3 years. It's ALL in the mind, for me anyway

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tricks For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not too bad a day today...

B- Vaalia berry smooth breakfast yoghurt, skinny coffee

L- leftover vegie soup, 1x slice wholemeal toast, 1 cup V8 juice

S- coconut delight choc bar

D- chicken sausages, sweet potato chips

S- (later) cup of tea and 4 pieces dark chocolate

About 7 glasses of water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh P.S. I agree with @tricks ~ no mater what method of weight loss I was doing, I wouldn't be losing any weight if I wasn't in the right place with my mindset... it's taken two babies, and 2 years since DD2 was born and 3.5 years of carrying baby weight around (from when DD1 was born), to finally have me change that mind set and be confident that I can be consistent with it (I guess too, I'm a 'results' achiever, so because I'm seeing results, I'm actually enjoying continuing on this journey, I guess if I had had really low weight loss each week my mind set may have changed into more of a negative one and I wouldn't be enjoying it - I would be seeing it as a chore, which for some crazy reason I'm not, LOL...

Looking forward to Christmas but not looking forward to possibly putting a couple of kilos back on - will just have to work harder in the new year! 😜

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    First weigh in: 69.3kgs, down 3kgs this week! Yay!!

Does it get harder each week? If I lost another 6kgs in the next 3weeks I'd be stoked! Lol dreaming right??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post

Does it get harder each week? If I lost another 6kgs in the next 3weeks I'd be stoked! Lol dreaming right??
    That's amazing! Congratulations... I had a great first few weeks and now I've slowed down but I know I have to exercise more and eat some fruit!

So far this week I've lost about a kilo, but it is fluctuating a bit. Hope that helps...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post

Mine has definitely plateaud. Guess that means I need to up the exercise

Also without bursting your bubble the recommended weight loss is 0.5-1kg a week for your best chance at maintaining your weight loss.

Congrats on the 3kg, but don't be disappointed if it settles to that 1kg/week mark as thats going to be the best thing for you.