+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lunch today:
    1384304008761.jpg
    Green soup (every green leafy veg you can imagine!) and a Ryvita multigrain cracker for dippin'

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am buying a deep chest freezer next week because I want to make lots of soups like the one above in bulk and freeze for a convenient meal.
    Also I am enquiring about joining Boxing Fit at my local gym- they let you bring your baby (it's a special parent's class) so fingers crossed that it works out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Lunch today:
    Attachment 45973
    Green soup (every green leafy veg you can imagine!) and a Ryvita multigrain cracker for dippin'

Recipe? ...

I was also thinking about maybe water aerobics / kick boxing! I am so annoyed, I have asked about two walking prams on EBay and Gumtree this week, and both have just been cancelled/disappeared! Sigh...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I am buying a deep chest freezer next week because I want to make lots of soups like the one above in bulk and freeze for a convenient meal.
    Also I am enquiring about joining Boxing Fit at my local gym- they let you bring your baby (it's a special parent's class) so fingers crossed that it works out

I love boxing!! It's such a great all over workout. Hope it works out for you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh... Just noticed the pram on Gumtree is still there!

Thinking about doing vegie soup tonight... Ginger, leek, pumpkin, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potato, red chilli paste, basil...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babylove81 there isn't really a recipe, I got the idea from another user on here who did a challenge thread with me a few months back. Basic ingredients that I put in are: Coriander, Spring onions, broccoli, baby spinach leaves, rocket.. in my last batch I added leek and cabbage as well as button yellow squash and carrot.
    I start by frying garlic and spring onions and just gradually add all the ingredients, as well as 2 litres liquid vegetable stock. Simmer it all down and then puree in the blender. I add lots of mint, not only in the soup but as a garnish when I serve. Also lots of seasoning, black pepper.. I added freshly grated root ginger last time as well. I like to serve it with fresh coriander and fat free Greek style yoghurt.
    It's really delish and so healthy

Last edited by ~Marigold~; 13-11-2013 at 11:59.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just come back from a spin class, I feel so good when I eat well and exercise. Why do I fall of the bandwagon so easily?!

Muesli for breakfast with yoghurt, blueberries and pomegranate

Chicken breast as a snack.

Scrambled eggs with bacon for lunch.

Smoked salmon salad for dinner. Although I'm already thinking the salmon would made a delicious pasta!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlasgowRose For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (13-11-2013),~Marigold~  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh!!! New favourite lunch/snack - Italian crackers and oven dried tomato and basil tuna... Yum! About 150 calories, plus I'm having a V8 Fruit and Veg Juice!

Considering that I had pancakes and a huge coffee for brekky, I will have gone over by only 35 calories and that's with no exercise and even a strawberry Tim Tam for dessert!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    I am terrible at sticking to my calories. I add a few extra for breastfeeding and I don't know how you all stick to 1200..... It's so little!! With regards to exercise I would see how weight loss goes a d go from there. So, if you lose heaps not eating extra for exercise I might add a bit in. And if you are hungry eat some extra!
    Hey lovely,

I've just pulled this from the Michelle Bridges Losing the Last 5 Kilos book, in relation to her advice on breastfeeding - hopefully this will help you and you can comfortably eat 200-300 calories more than the 1200 - this should keep your energy levels up and stop you from being hungry... make sure you're eating enough for the BFing...

photo-1.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am finding these last 5 kgs almost impossible to shift. And all it takes is one bad meal and I seem to lose all motivation and willpower.
    Some days I am a gun, brimming with positivity and finding this whole weightloss business easy peasy.. Others I feel like it's just beyond my ability and become really down about myself.
    Today is weird- I have eaten fine but just feel so blah.. my motivation is zero and I just can't be bothered THINKING about food, calories and diet anymore. Just doing my head in for some reason today :/
    On a brighter note, I bought some Skinny Cow ice cream sundaes for dessert I have never tried it before!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (13-11-2013)