+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I think I over indulged in the last round- I think i allowed myself too many "free days".. like I'd have a slip up and then just think, meh- today can be my free day for the week; but then I'd do it again a couple of days later, lol.. I know it's why I only lost half of what I set out lose.
    Do you think you would feel better if at the beginning of the week, you set yourself one day where you could just have your free day, and be really strict about it, and only have that one day, but just eat whatever you want that day and not feel guilty... but really work at only having that one day... and if you think you may have gone off track on another day, throw some exercise in to try and counter act it?

I think I may have been a little over indulgent every day before starting this challenge!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (05-11-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Do you think you would feel better if at the beginning of the week, you set yourself one day where you could just have your free day, and be really strict about it, and only have that one day, but just eat whatever you want that day and not feel guilty... but really work at only having that one day... and if you think you may have gone off track on another day, throw some exercise in to try and counter act it?

I think I may have been a little over indulgent every day before starting this challenge!!!!
    I really should! I used to be super strict, only ever allowing myself a treat on a Sunday. I guess it's because I am nearing the end of my weight loss journey I am becoming a bit complacent; but it's bad because I have been dragging this "diet" out all year, lol.. slow and steady wins the race is an understatement!
    But you're right, I really need to set myself one day per week like I used to and be done with it. I have also made it such a lifestyle change as opposed to being a short term, quick fix diet or fad, that I tell myself that it's fine to eat some chocolate or whatever every second day or so.. in moderation.. which is true, but not so much while I still want to drop a few more kilos. When I reach my goal weight, then I can relax a little more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My evening has been really bad. I am so p..ised off at myself
    Had a great day besides the stupid snacking tonight- it's because I had a tiny dinner as I wasn't hungry (a toddler sized serve of spaghetti bol) and then found myself hungry an hour later so ended up having a couple of pastizzis.. Ok, not terrible.. but.... also vegemite on toast and a cup of tea for supper. And some (by some I mean lots) rice crackers with tzatziki dip. Blergh!!! Not overly "bad", but just kept snacking tonight out of boredem. Hate that. Feeling crap.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 06-11-2013 at 20:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back on track today and feeling good. Was surprised to find that my weight is rapidly dropping this week, despite me thinking I was stuffing up here and there; I am almost another kilo down already, so maybe I'm overreacting a bit when I think I've gone overboard with after dinner snacks etc.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,
    Man I fell off the bandwagon! Anyways I'm back and ready for another 4 weeks, I got the 'run keeper' app this week which I'm really loving, telling me how many calories I'm burning etc.

Please help me keep on track this time!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Tomorrow marks the end of my 4 weeks. I had hoped for a 5kg loss, I think I may get 3. I'm with you for the next 4 weeks! DH has come home with delicious connoisseur ice creams. I didn't have one feeling proud. Well done to everyone who's back on track.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GlasgowRose For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news marigold! And good luck for tomorrow Glasgow

12. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back Summerfun! And good luck for tomorrow Glasgow Rose...

Marigold ~ that's great news about the weight loss, you must be doing something right... you may still be snacking, but are you snacking 'better' than what you would have 12 months ago? I love chocolate and ice cream, so I have my Skinny Cow ice cream after dinner 6/7 nights a week, which I know is bad (but I keep it within my calorie count), and for the chocolate fix, I have the Weightwatchers Hot Chocolate, which you can make on skinny milk, water or half/half, depending on my calories, determines what I make it on, LOL...

I've been really good this week, even went out to lunch with a friend yesterday... we went to Shingle Inn, and I wasn't sure how I was going to go, but they have a "Healthy Living" section on their menu and I chose the sweet potato and baby spinach salad... it was so yummy and their portion sizes are perfect, not overly huge like you find in most restaurants...

We are getting a brand new kitchen, so I've been working my butt off packing up everything from the kitchen... it is getting demolished tomorrow, and then installed on Monday, with the plumber and electrician on Tuesday, so it will be next Wednesday until I have a fully functioning kitchen... thank God we have a Weber BBQ and can plug a few appliances in else where...

So today I ate:

B - 2 pieces wholemeal toast with avocado, skinny coffee
    S - coconut delight bar (Weightwatchers), peppermint tea
    L - ham, avocado, cottage cheese, cucumber wrap on mountain bread, diet coke
    S - boiled egg
    D - (this is where it goes bad) Red Rooster Wholesome Roast Chicken Dinner; I just had chicken, corn cob and maybe 10-15 chips, Skinny Cow ice cream.
    S - chamomile tea

I suspect the next few days (week), may be a bit up and down for me with food and keeping the calories to a minimum, but I will try my best and ensure that even if I can't necessarily eat well, that I will choose the healthier option... wish me luck!

A.
    xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

Kymetcalf  (08-11-2013),~Marigold~  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck everyone @babylove81 your daily food intake sounds great. I have replaced naughty stuff like hot choc with a healthier variety too- Ovaltine light break for me.

OMG- I have discovered porridge! I have never been a fan before but all day yesterday I was weirdly craving it so I bought a pouch of Quaker oats and some honey to drizzle on top- served it with blueberries as well. Yum! Had it last night for supper and fell in love <3 Woke up this morning and had it again for breakfast lol.. this time I added banana as well

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Good luck everyone @babylove81 your daily food intake sounds great. I have replaced naughty stuff like hot choc with a healthier variety too- Ovaltine light break for me.

OMG- I have discovered porridge! I have never been a fan before but all day yesterday I was weirdly craving it so I bought a pouch of Quaker oats and some honey to drizzle on top- served it with blueberries as well. Yum! Had it last night for supper and fell in love <3 Woke up this morning and had it again for breakfast lol.. this time I added banana as well

Love porridge!!! Usually with milk and brown sugar, LOL... sprinkle some chia seeds and ground cinnamon on for a variation too love!

It sounds like you are well and truly back on track again, well done!

I had brunch this morning at The Coffee Club and had an orange and poppy seed muffin - only 256 (or there abouts) calories...

It's a Weight Watchers frozen meal for lunch today (if I can plug my microwave in somewhere) and as I now officially have no kitchen, it will be out for dinner (and probably for the next two nights as well)!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-11-2013)