+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I will be back once DD is in bed to share my eating plan. I know I keep saying that but I've been flat out.. Right now she's climbing all over me so I can't focus lol..

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I WANT to come back to and share as well... I promise I will!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (07-10-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    I've had a great day food wise BUT was starving by 4.30, I'm now half way home from work and hunger pains are hitting hard! What is a filling thing to snack on in late arvo? I had an apple & banana about 3.30.
    This was me as well by 3pm. I was still at work and surrounded by so much yummy food.. I needed something hot as opposed to the salad sandwich I'd had for lunch so I just had a couple of steamed dimsims and a coffee with skim milk and equal. (was still hungry though..!)

Ok.. DD in bed so I can finally do this: for my eating plan for this challenge I will continue with the same types of stuff that helped me shed the 12 kgs earlier this year (which I have happily kept off).. I hate the word "diet", it really needed to be lifestyle change in order for me to succeed. I've made lots of healthy changes such as no more sugary soft drinks or juice (if I want soda I have low calorie types), very little sugar- swapped for equal in my coffee, tried the natvia brand as it's better for you but I dont like the taste (I only have maybe 1 coffee a day anyway), swapped full milk for skim.. white bread for wholemeal/rye.. etc. I can stick with those changes in the long term.
    Some of my fave healthy dinners for weightloss are stuff like grilled chicken breast with a salad (I jazz it up with cajun seasoning and sometimes have it in a wrap with greek yoghurt and garlic/minted sauce), wholemeal pasta (I could never give up carbs!) lean steak and vegies, homemade green soups (any green veg I can find I turn into a big batch of soup and freeze)..
    For breakfasts I love eggs or cereal or quite often I just have a diet shake or fruit salad.. Lunches are salad sandwiches or cottage cheese on cruskets.. You get my drift
    For this challenge I will focus mainly on food as my job has me on feet for hours on end anyway.. The days I'm not working I like to take long brisk walks with the pram.. But... I know this will sound silly but it's Magpie swooping season so I don't think I will venture out much at all really this time around
    I also like to have a "free" day once a week where I allow some treats without the guilt

So, Week 1, Day 1... My dinner could have definitely been better.. Other than that it was good. I'm really ready for this challenge, my last attempt I was definitely feeling pretty mediocre about the whole thing.. but I'm amped and eager to give it my best shot this time

Welcome everyone, looking forward to getting to know you all and taking this journey together x
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 07-10-2013 at 18:42.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Amira  (08-10-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    1381136323930.jpg
    So sorry for posting this ridiculously mouthwatering pic lol.. But it is a Mars Bar cake from work and I'm not normally a sweet tooth but it sat there all day, mocking me, challenging my impulse control.. This is what I'm faced with!!! I just had to share
    And nope, I didn't have a crumb :thumbup:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eating plan for this challenge is to just eat healthier options so I can keep it up long-term. I also don't like the word diet, I think it's more of a lifestyle change for the better. I'll be going for my usual cereals for breakkie, lunch would be salads, tuna, smoked salmon, open sandwiches and for dinner grilled chicken or other meats with veggies or salads. I went pretty well with my meals today so hopefully I can keep it up

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm off to a good start today, breakfast was 2 eggs scrambled and I'm at the gym now walking on treadmill. I might speed it up to a light jog but I didn't wear a sports bra and as I'm still bf the jog might not go so well.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A very slow start for me for this challenge, but here is lunch...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1381201489.445406.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Celery sticks and hummus for A/T...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-10-2013)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    can I join?

this week is still school holidays for me, so is harder ... but from Monday I am all in.

I am not changing my actual meal plans ... we eat not super healthy but not too bad anyway. Just cutting out junk food, reducing portion sizes (I eat too much) and more exercise.

The cutting out junk food is a big thing for me as I am pretty hopeless.

Anyway - I really, really would like to lose 5-10kg (not in 4 weeks ... 3-4 in that time would be great).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last night I was SO craving the chocolate Icecream in the freezer but I stayed strong! Went to bed instead haha

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starving!

(and I had a piece I beesting this afternoon as well)!!!

Chicken and rice for dinner.