+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes ^
    I am making up for it today. So far today I've had a diet shake for breakfast, mango tango Boost juice/crush mid morning at the shops and I (as tempted as I was) avoided all of the foodcourt fare as I was out and about doing my groceries
    Came home starving and had a small bowl of vegetable/beef soup and 1 slice rye bread with cottage cheese.
    DS has requested chicken carbonara pasta for dinner tonight, so if I really keep my calories super low for the rest of the day I will be able to have a small serve

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 31-10-2013 at 11:37.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm starting to realise that I'm doing things quite differently to many of you. I'm not counting calories or on some diet as such. I'm cutting out a bit of junk but not completely cutting it out. I'm just making smarter choices when it comes to my main meals. I still have far too much sugar on my weet bix and my portion sizes would shock some people but they have reduced a lot. I also don't cut out carbs. Love my cottage pie too much lol.

When I switched to vegetarian I noticed I lost weight. Add the physical work I started doing and more fell off. But when the stess increased I was having more junky things. Soft drink crept back in and we started having ice creams and chocolates on an almost daily basis again. Then the work hours were cut and the weight slowly went up again.

I know simply reducing the junk and having less convenience foods will help (a nice as the quorn stuff is it's certainly not that healthy lol) and now we have a new tap on our water filter I know I'll be more inclined to drink that. Toowoomba water tastes like crap lol. I had a mild cold the last few days so have been drinking a lot of water and that alone has seen me shed 2kgs. Ah water retention weight....how I loath the lol.

Just goes to show how different things work fir different people.

Sent from my pho....oh who am I kidding. It's rarely used as a phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    I'm starting to realise that I'm doing things quite differently to many of you. I'm not counting calories or on some diet as such. I'm cutting out a bit of junk but not completely cutting it out. I'm just making smarter choices when it comes to my main meals. I still have far too much sugar on my weet bix and my portion sizes would shock some people but they have reduced a lot. I also don't cut out carbs. Love my cottage pie too much lol.

When I switched to vegetarian I noticed I lost weight. Add the physical work I started doing and more fell off. But when the stess increased I was having more junky things. Soft drink crept back in and we started having ice creams and chocolates on an almost daily basis again. Then the work hours were cut and the weight slowly went up again.

I know simply reducing the junk and having less convenience foods will help (a nice as the quorn stuff is it's certainly not that healthy lol) and now we have a new tap on our water filter I know I'll be more inclined to drink that. Toowoomba water tastes like crap lol. I had a mild cold the last few days so have been drinking a lot of water and that alone has seen me shed 2kgs. Ah water retention weight....how I loath the lol.

Just goes to show how different things work fir different people.

That is the only way to do it, it's the only thing that will work long term. I have been doing the same, I never deprive myself, if I really fancy something I will have it, but try to have a healthier version where possible and of course limit, rather than eliminate treats. One day per week I give myself a free day and (within reason) have whatever I want.
    I have never cut out carbs, all through my initial weightloss journey at the start of this year I had bread (switched to wholemeal) pretty much every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    That is the only way to do it, it's the only thing that will work long term. I have been doing the same, I never deprive myself, if I really fancy something I will have it, but try to have a healthier version where possible and of course limit, rather than eliminate treats. One day per week I give myself a free day and (within reason) have whatever I want.
    I have never cut out carbs, all through my initial weightloss journey at the start of this year I had bread (switched to wholemeal) pretty much every day.

And lasting results is very important. I've seen my sister yoyo far too many times and every time she gains she gets heavier than she was before. Mind you half the time her idea of weight loss is more smokes less food. I also think while things like lite n easy are convenient and will help you lose weight I've seen a number of people come off then and gain it straight back because they go back to eating what they were before hand.

We've slowly made changes and I have found that those little things have had a big impact on our overall health and they've stuck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    And lasting results is very important. I've seen my sister yoyo far too many times and every time she gains she gets heavier than she was before. Mind you half the time her idea of weight loss is more smokes less food. I also think while things like lite n easy are convenient and will help you lose weight I've seen a number of people come off then and gain it straight back because they go back to eating what they were before hand.

We've slowly made changes and I have found that those little things have had a big impact on our overall health and they've stuck.

Couldn't agree more.
    Some small changes I've made that I know will stick forever are: switching all softdrink to the diet variety, swapping white sugar in my coffee for 'equal' (tried natural stuff like Natvia but hate the taste), always use skim milk, white bread/pasta/rice to brown (although sometimes I still have the white when it comes to the pasta and rice) and if course, most importantly, smaller portion sizes.
    To be honest I used to hate the taste of diet drinks but I can't even tell the difference anymore. The non diet, full sugar stuff justs so overly sweet to me now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Love my diet coke now!!!! And agree with everything both of you have said... for the time being I am counting calories as I was seriously over the top over eating!! So I'm counting calories, having smaller portion sizes, drinking diet coke, no sugar in coffee / on breakfast, and choosing the 'healthier' option if there is one, having one muffin instead of two, and throwing the odd walk in there... admittedly the last three nights I have had ice cream, but it's still been within my calorie count... I have also swapped to a low GI sugar for my baking.

It's my birthday tomorrow, so I don't even know if I will bother counting the calories, as there will be birthday cake and Hogs Breath for dinner!!! And I know that no matter what, Christmas will add a few kilos again, as I will have a few goodies and a few drinks (oh okay, probably more than a few), LOL, BUT now my mental thought process has changed, so I will just have to work a bit harder after Christmas! I do also probably need to eat a bit more fruit, but I'm not a big fruit eater!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday @babylove81 for tomorrow! Hell yes throw cautian to the wind for the day, it's the ONE day per year that you are allowed to do, eat and drink whatever you want

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1383187491.185432.jpg

Today's lunch, Michelle's tomato anchovy and basil pizza on pita bread; I also add a little bit of Parmesan on... only 307 calories per pizza!! Yum...

And thanks @Marigold!!! 😊

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I'm also finding that a sprinkle of ground cinnamon is quite nice on most things...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Oh, I'm also finding that a sprinkle of ground cinnamon is quite nice on most things...
    Oh good tip!