+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRose View Post
    That's one heck of a workout, well done!
    Thanks, in less than an hour as well. It's not my record, though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, I haven't measured but 2 weeks in its probably too late to see the real results.

I have been eating healthily, calorie counting, AND exercising nearly every day.

Why why why is it not working???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How much water? What do you eat on a typical day? Do you keep a food diary? Do you drink alcohol or coffee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    About 8 glasses of water, 1 coffee on skim with no sugar in the morning, no alcohol during the week. Too much on the weekend though. Maybe one or two glasses of diet coke...

A general day is:
    Breakfast - 2 pieces of toast
    Lunch- ham and salad wrap
    Dinner- something like a stirfry or curry.

I haven't snacked since I started this 4 week challenge, and I have been exercising for an hour, 3-4 times a week.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    People at work have commented that I look like I've lost weight though.... People that don't know I've been dieting. And also my clothes feel slightly looser.... It's not correlating with the numbers on the scales though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    You might need to eat more.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Mum2EandR  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You've just probably gained more muscle and lost fat which is why you're clothes feel looser but the scales haven't moved. I'd go by how your clothes fit. Don't get discouraged!

Weigh in day for me tomorrow. Feeling nervous...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

Mum2EandR  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Big red, I have the my fitness pal app, and it has told me I need more calories..... Also wondering if it is harder because I am on an antidepressant (lexapro). I've struggled with my weight for the past 3 years since I started it, but unfortunately I can't go off... The weight is the lesser of two evils really....

Welcome! What motivates me is an end goal... So like your op - that would be enough to keep me motivated. I am motivated by 1: an upcoming beach holiday with my skinny sister, and 2. I am going to be a bridesmaid for my friend in Fiji next June. Also I have a few friends at work that are calorie counting as well, so it makes it easier to stay motivated at work because they will call me out if I eat crap! Exercising has also done wonders for my motivation and more importantly all-round general mental well being. I can see myself getting a bit addicted to my kid-free afternoon walk/jog!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Grrrr only lost 0.5kg this week. Hoping it's just muscle...... Thought would happy to maintain a 0.5kg/week loss as I believe it's healthiest rate to lose at.... At least it's a loss!

guess ill be going for a run in the morning rather than a sleep in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    Thanks Big red, I have the my fitness pal app, and it has told me I need more calories..... Also wondering if it is harder because I am on an antidepressant (lexapro). I've struggled with my weight for the past 3 years since I started it, but unfortunately I can't go off... The weight is the lesser of two evils really....

Welcome! What motivates me is an end goal... So like your op - that would be enough to keep me motivated. I am motivated by 1: an upcoming beach holiday with my skinny sister, and 2. I am going to be a bridesmaid for my friend in Fiji next June. Also I have a few friends at work that are calorie counting as well, so it makes it easier to stay motivated at work because they will call me out if I eat crap! Exercising has also done wonders for my motivation and more importantly all-round general mental well being. I can see myself getting a bit addicted to my kid-free afternoon walk/jog!
    I was going to say that My little fitness pal says that if you're bit eating enough calories it's harder to lose the weight... it certainly is a fine line!!!