+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    I'm 157cm so 55 is my perfect weight too...... I won't be skinny but should be less flubby!!!

I have had such a crappy eating day, I just cannot help myself. Since my bacon and egg mcmuffin, Freddo and coffee, I have also had rice crackers a white chocolate cookie, shepherds pie and a cordial.......

Then I went to the bathroom and realised I got my period! Makes sense now, the first day is always awful for me!!
    Yuck! Hugs... I need to increase my carb intake...

... and I sort of just mini stalked you and noticed you live in Brisbane too! Yay...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Would you lovely ladies mind if I join in?

Over the last 12 months I've lost about 13kg, most of that coming off in the first 6 months of this year. I seem to have stagnated though. I got down as far as 104kg but have snuck back up to 106.5. This is where I've sat for about 3 months now. Poor food choices aren't helping but with all the crappiness of the diet I'm just glad I'm not gaining.

I'm the same height as you babylove but I have a slightly higher goal. I'm aiming for 60kg. This is on the higher end of the recommended weight to height ratio but I take after my dad's side of the family who are all fairly solid even with continual exercise. Tbh the last time I was 60kg I think I was still in primary school...or just in high school. I've always been big.

What am I doing to lose the weight? So far nothing special. When we moved money was tight so no take aways and very little junk food. I dropped a couple of kgs then. We then changed to a vegetarian diet. My body seemed to like thos and stsrted dropping more kgs. I started working as a cleaner in feb this year so 20-30 hours a week of very physical work helped me lose most of it. I'm not working as much now which is contributing to the stagnation.

From here I just need to clean up my diet. Some days are hard, Wednesdays in particular. I work from 5-9.30pm so dinner is late and that never makes me feel good. I work other nights too but usually have a dinner break as they're longer shifts. DH also wants to get a weights system and he goes walking with the dog and child of an afternoon. I hate intentional exercise, especially walking around in circles lol, but I suppose I better do a little bit. We have a wii fit too so I'm tempted to get it fired up again.

Sorry for the novel.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be more than happy with 60kg too! So anywhere between 55-60kg is fine by me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Hey, right now I'd be happy to get back to 90kgs. A distant memory from 9 years ago lol.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (10-10-2013),Mum2EandR  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At my last weigh in I was 76kg.
    Need to weigh again tomorrow.
    Goal weight would be 55kg.
    I am small so 45kg before ds1 6 years ago. Not ever hoping to get back to that but I hope to lose most of the flab.

Today was another bad did day. Porridge for breakfast.
    Sweet bread for lunch and Mac and cheese for dinner.
    I don't snack or eat any time other than meals so I hope that helps.
    I'm going to try changing pays and rice for wholemeal/rye. See if that helps.
    We don't eat a lot of meat.
    I'm not sure what else I can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Yuck! Hugs... I need to increase my carb intake...

... and I sort of just mini stalked you and noticed you live in Brisbane too! Yay...
    Hi!! Where abouts in Brissie are you? I am northern bayside, in Sandgate!

Welcome Chunkydunks! I work days but I find my workdays infinitely harder than my days off in terms of diet and exercise. I make poorer choices and there's not as much time for exercise so that is a big challenge for me too! Do you like music? I find walking so much easier if I have my iPod on

Well feeling much better now, was tempted to lay in bed and eat chocolate and swallow nurofen, but instead I left the kids with DH and went for a walk/jog. I got the couch to 5k app and did my first workout from that. I am lucky to live a 2 minute walk from the water so it was beautiful to run along the beachfront

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (10-10-2013),~Marigold~  (10-10-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Was having a perfect day foodwise- had a wrap with egg and lettuce for breakfast (brunch) and one slice of wholemeal toast for arvo snack. Then picked DS up from school and set about driving to the other side of town to visit my mum. So ofcourse DS is starving and begs for KFC. I was positive that I would just go through the drive thru and only buy DS something. But the queue was enormous so we had to go inside. And anyone who knows the aroma of KFC chicken would understand.. Lol. Anyway, I spot a grilled chicken salad on the menu and it has the calorie count displayed and it's under 700kj so not bad for a meal. But they said they no longer make it. Great. I ended up ordering a small snack box thingy with the choice of grilled or fried chicken. I asked for grilled but when I sat down to eat it they had given me fried. I couldn't be bothered changing it. So a bad dinner. (the chicken was only the size of a large nugget but still it was greasy).
    Get to mum's and am dying for a coffee and she puts out cream buns. Fail.
    Oh well.. At least the first half of my day was good

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhhh had some chips at lunch, otherwise all good - might get my fitness pal : ) think I need it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been good so far, but can feel a wine/Baileys or two coming on for the weekend!!!

So for someone who walks maybe 10 times a year, I just did a 2.42km walk. I jogged the last 420m home! I'm buggered! Feels good though...

Hanging out for my 4 (measly) pieces if chocolate! I could snack on chocolate for every snack, LOL...

Mum2EandR, I live in the Redlands so not too far!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

Mum2EandR  (10-10-2013)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    well I have had a good few days.

havent weighed myself, but since the weekend I have been very good and not had
    - any chocolate
    - any coke
    - any sweets

I am not aiming at changing my major meals ... just cutting out junk food and trying for more in the way of fresh fruit and vegies.

I have been for a bike ride today - but its hard this week with DD still on school holidays. Next week when school goes back I will be able to ride 3 or 4 times a week.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (10-10-2013)