+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Double embryo transfer

Hi all,

My fs is recommending a double embryo transfer this time around for our 4th cycle.
    I'm interested to find out the incidence of multiples or singletons or bfn from your transfers.
    For those that have had a double embryo transfer, would you mind sharing the result of your transfer?
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There was a very similar thread not long ago. We are 11 weeks pregnant with a singleton from a double transfer. The second embryo tried to implant as there is a second sac. I think I read that the increase in pregnancy is around 10pc, but if there is a pregnancy there is a 25pc chance of twins. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I had two embryos put back and I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant with one healthy bubba!

First ICSI cycle we had one embryo put back and I had an early miscarriage. Second ICSI cycle I stated I would not do it unless two went back (it had been a long process and I wanted to increase our chances of a successful pregnancy) I was up to doing 4 injections a night - for someone with a needle phobia, this process was long, stressful and emotional all the time) I just wanted it to end.

So I'm happy clinic understood. I had been there for a year lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 x 5 day Blastys transferred. First IVF cycle.

2 beautiful baby boys now 5 mths

If we go back again I will only be transferring one! PM me if you'd like more info on my experience, personal thoughts and reasons OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I transferred 1 day 3 embryo and got DD. Second time I transferred 2 day 5 embryos and got BFN. Transferred 1 day 5 embryo and got BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys keep them coming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I had a double transfer for a my first FET cycle. It resulted in my first born son who is now almost 2.

Best of luck to you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    We transferred 2 embryos, one resulted in an empty sac and the other one split. So we ended up with identical twins! First ivf cycle for us so we hit the jackpot

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies. I think I just need to weigh up if I want twins as I have no family network here and there is a reasonable chance it could happen. Keep the responses coming thanks ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also have no family in Australia and were very relieved just to see one baby! We transferred two as the second one wasn't good enough to freeze. You do need to be prepared for twins though. I freaked out when my original HCG level was twice the level of my son's! We would have had to get a new car as we can't fit 3 car seats in ours!