+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    we are thinking a kitten from a rescue shelter that has been abandoned..

so we would not be able to pick a breed

but yes he/she will be inside and we will invest in lots of toys and play stuff like a scratching pole..

i may even try and convince hubby we need 2 !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing...

We have beagles I really want a cat but how would they react

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    I have an Oriental and a Siamese (same breed different markings). They are vocal, but they are also very social and friendly. They make excellent indoor cats if you are ok with the chatting!

Any kitten can be trained as an indoor cat though, as long as you get them as kittens. It is harder with an adult cat if they have previously had an outdoor life.

As for toys, we often suspend socks or little cat balls off string from the curtain rail- hours of feline fun!
    I“ve always been interested in the oriental breeds, do they get along with small dogs?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Slightly off topic but we had a himilayan Persian, she was so beautiful, but the stupidest cat I've ever met! She was bought to be an inside cat, and was for a while but she kept peeing and pooing everywhere and nothing we did would stop her. My mums convinced it was because she was a purebred but I dunno...
    My cat now (an abandoned moggie kitten we bought from the shelter) is the most beautiful, well behaved indoor cat I know. Train em as babies and you'll be fine (as long as they're not himilayan Persians)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think any cat will be fine. Although I have grown up with Burmese and they have amazing natures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We got a cat, she is just under 2yrs old. Her previous owners kept her indoors too. She is curious about the outside and has tried a few times to escape but i refuse to let her out. She sees heaps of cats outside though and will sit and watch them all day.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    our biggest issue will be the doggie door, i really do think we will have to close it up and that way the kitten cant learn to go through it and venture outside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    our biggest issue will be the doggie door, i really do think we will have to close it up and that way the kitten cant learn to go through it and venture outside
    You could replace it with one that only opens for the dogs that have a magnet thingy that you put on their collar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    You could replace it with one that only opens for the dogs that have a magnet thingy that you put on their collar.

ohh thanks didnt know they existed.. will look into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our two cats (both just domestic short hair) have always been inside cats. We too had a doggy door for the two dogs but they were hopeless at using it, so now it's just taped up as the cats would just push the door open. I just let the dogs out as necessary. They have been fine being indoor cats, and we can have the door open for a minute and they don't try to go out, but they do run around the house like mad, knock things over, rip things up, a bit too much excess energy. Next house I'm going to get some of that mesh stuff and create a safe outdoor area for them.