+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Apparently they actually weren't shooting to kill. They were shooting to stop the car, and it didn't work out so well. Also didn't know there was a child in there.
    I think there are still many questions as to what happen and there are investigations happening as to whether the force used was necessary or not. The latest report I just read from MSNBC stated they had been shooting at the car to stop it (not sure if they hit her) and then she got out and ran from them, fell and died. Not sure which shots killed her, ie in the car or if they fired after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is what I read:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/10/04/woman...mental-issues/

'The car chase began just shortly after 2 p.m. on Thursday when Carey hit a White House security fence with her car. Law enforcement officials say a total of 26 shots were fired by both Secret Service and Capitol Police officers as they pursued and tried to stop Carey, who was unarmed, in her black Infinity Sedan as she approached the Capitol. She was stopped by police and Secret Service at the foot of the Capitol when she bailed from her car. The cops opened fire, and she died a short time later.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It's easy for critics to say 'they should have done this' 'they should have said that differently.'...... Yes very easy to say from the comfort of your armchair.

I for one am grateful the police, and not the bleeding hearts, are protecting our/our Allies landmarks. Who know's what strife we would be in then...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

wilding  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Without engaging further in the discussion, I'm going to OT for a second.

VP, I apologise. My reply to you was rude and snarky and uncalled for. Or it reads back to me that way today anyway. So, I apologise.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Without engaging further in the discussion, I'm going to OT for a second.

VP, I apologise. My reply to you was rude and snarky and uncalled for. Or it reads back to me that way today anyway. So, I apologise.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    What reply? From page 1? I didn't read your post properly, so meh that's my fault...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bleeding hearts arm chair warriors. It's like it is supposed to be some kind of insult or something? But isn't that exactly what every single person on here is in some kind of way?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Bleeding hearts arm chair warriors. It's like it is supposed to be some kind of insult or something? But isn't that exactly what every single person on here is in some kind of way?
    There's a big difference between sitting behind a keyboard on a parenting forum and acting like you know best on parenting issues.... And sitting behind a keyboard on a parenting forum and acting like you know the best way to deal with an attack against national landmarks in a post Sept-11 environment...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

wilding  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think anyone thinks they know better VP. I think people are discussing wether there could have been other options than shooting a mentally ill woman in the head in front of her child, which will most likely traumatise said child for the rest of her life. Now that I have heard it was an accident, and they weren't trying to kill her, it makes me feel a bit better about it. Also, the authorities aren't always completely in the right, there have been vast amounts of miscarriages of justice and coverups, throughout history. I will never just agree 100% without question. I will always question, because history has shown time and again that we should question.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    There's a big difference between sitting behind a keyboard on a parenting forum and acting like you know best on parenting issues.... And sitting behind a keyboard on a parenting forum and acting like you know the best way to deal with an attack against national landmarks in a post Sept-11 environment...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My impression has been that authorities did not know she had a child in the back of her car, and there's obviously no way to know if she was mentally ill, a terrorist, etc until after they catch her. She could have gotten out of the car with her arms raised when they surrounded her in front of the capital but she reversed, jammed into a cop car and sped off...what are the authorities meant to think is happening when somebody first tries to get into the White House and then heads for the Capital and still refuses to stop even when surrounded? My first assumption when I heard about this story was that it was a terrorist or p*ssed off federal worker that had been put on furlough that was trying to do something.

I really wonder if everyone would be in such an uproar about the authorities opening fire in this situation if she had been a man.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (06-10-2013),VicPark  (06-10-2013)