+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I've been leading by example ever since she started on solids. It does not work. I eat salads, vegetables, stir fry, etc etc etc to no effect. She has gone to bed hungry many times. Nothing works. The only food she will reliably eat is plain pasta. Nothing works.

To put you in the picture, when my dd was a baby I made all of my own foods for her, purees, baby lamb ragout slow cooked until the meat fibres fell apart for her with no salt, sugar, only the flavour of fresh food. I made custard and blanc mange. I was never precious about the food I gave her, always family foods or a version of but it has come to nothing. She is willful in the extreme and there have been time when she have pretty much lived off cheese, or watermelon or whatever else is the flavour of the moment.
    I just wanted to tell you I'm subbing but this is us exactly. I have freshly made all of DDs meals, when it was purée she'd eat it all. Once she started feeding herself it all went pear shaped.

I can't eat many fruits due to fructose intolerance but my DS does and I have explained to them in very basics about mummy's issues (without trying to make it a thing they can copy!). We eat loads of veggies as a family at the table just about every meal and she'd rather go without than eat.

It is the pits and I feel your frustration and am going to look at the rewards chart too. We talk about healthy choices all the time but we are at breaking point.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I just wanted to tell you I'm subbing but this is us exactly. I have freshly made all of DDs meals, when it was purée she'd eat it all. Once she started feeding herself it all went pear shaped.

I can't eat many fruits due to fructose intolerance but my DS does and I have explained to them in very basics about mummy's issues (without trying to make it a thing they can copy!). We eat loads of veggies as a family at the table just about every meal and she'd rather go without than eat.

It is the pits and I feel your frustration and am going to look at the rewards chart too. We talk about healthy choices all the time but we are at breaking point.
    Thank. Good luck with your dd too.

I have a friend on FB who posts pictures of her not yet 3 year old sitting at the table tucking into a mountain of unadulterated vegetables and I am just amazed....and jealous that he eats like that.