+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Any ideas for a healthy eating rewards chart?

I am desperate to improve my dd's diet and get her eating a wider range of foods. Any suggestions on where I can get a good rewards chart. I have seen a few but nothing quite right. I thought about making my own but just not sure how to do it, how to include rewarding her for trying something new and rewarding vegetables, yoghurt, etc. I am not so worried about fruit at the moment because I can get her to have some fruits but if that is included that is fine. She is nearly 4 and almost phobic about trying new foods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I link websites?
    www.healthychart.com.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    It has a free to download 'try' chart that we used with some success. Good luck. My DSS is coming out of a fussy phase (he is 5).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks. I really like that try chart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pinterest has heaps of ideas

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Babycharlieandme For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm, I'm not to sure about rewards for food. I don't know if it's healthy for kids to think eatting=reward.

I've thought about this a lot, I'm a PT & my DD comes to work most days. She's surrounded by weight & food issues (she's 3)

I've read her social skills books about how it's good to have a go/try new things & it's okay if you don't like it. Praise for trying something new is enough for her.

I serve DD exactly what we as adults are eatting. Including nuts, veggies, meat, salad etc. she gets biscuits & treats too but the main foods are what I'm having. No other options. Eat it or wait till next meal. She doesn't eat everything & I never force her, but she's getting much better.. And I just realised I'm talking about myself lol.

Try leading by example & praise when she follows suit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FITCHICK View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not to sure about rewards for food. I don't know if it's healthy for kids to think eatting=reward.

I've thought about this a lot, I'm a PT & my DD comes to work most days. She's surrounded by weight & food issues (she's 3)

I've read her social skills books about how it's good to have a go/try new things & it's okay if you don't like it. Praise for trying something new is enough for her.

I serve DD exactly what we as adults are eatting. Including nuts, veggies, meat, salad etc. she gets biscuits & treats too but the main foods are what I'm having. No other options. Eat it or wait till next meal. She doesn't eat everything & I never force her, but she's getting much better.. And I just realised I'm talking about myself lol.

I've been leading by example ever since she started on solids. It does not work. I eat salads, vegetables, stir fry, etc etc etc to no effect. She has gone to bed hungry many times. Nothing works. The only food she will reliably eat is plain pasta. Nothing works.

To put you in the picture, when my dd was a baby I made all of my own foods for her, purees, baby lamb ragout slow cooked until the meat fibres fell apart for her with no salt, sugar, only the flavour of fresh food. I made custard and blanc mange. I was never precious about the food I gave her, always family foods or a version of but it has come to nothing. She is willful in the extreme and there have been time when she have pretty much lived off cheese, or watermelon or whatever else is the flavour of the moment.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 04-10-2013 at 18:05.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FITCHICK View Post

That's fabulous that works for you but I guess what works for you is a result of your own belief systems/ values. I don't personally have any issue with rewarding kids for trying new foods and I too, have put much thought into it. :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pinterest yeilded this from a website of a pediatric nutritionist . It has different food groups and a separate section for trying something new which we definitely need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Pinterest yeilded this from a website of a pediatric nutritionist . It has different food groups and a separate section for trying something new which we definitely need.
    oooooooo. I like that chart too. Thanks!