+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've flown in the first trimester of both of my successful pregnancies. It's a total non-issue. Absolutely no need to see a doctor about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm flying to London when I'll be 15 weeks. There is absolutely no issue with flying early in your pregnancy. It's the third trimester that is more of a concern.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The only concern with flying is the risk that you go into labour mid-flight.

To be truthfully blunt if you were to miscarriage at 6 weeks there is a) nothing you can do to prevent that and b) would have occurred regardless if you flew or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    The only concern with flying is the risk that you go into labour mid-flight.

To be truthfully blunt if you were to miscarriage at 6 weeks there is a) nothing you can do to prevent that and b) would have occurred regardless if you flew or not.
    Yup that's what I tried to tell him!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I flew Perth to London and back in my first tri, as well as shorter internal flights within Europe while we were there. Also did some intra state flights within WA for work. Asked my ob before hand, she had absolutely no issue with it, just advised to drink lots of water and move around as much as possible.
    I continued to fly throughout my pregnancy, was never advised otherwise.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I flew at 36 weeks - that sucked
    Lol

DH(31)+ Me(25)=
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my step daughter flew 36 hours at 37 weeks it was a family emergency and the OB gave her a report for the airline... she had baby at 40 weeks no problems...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I flew to NZ at 10wks & back at 12wks. My ob just advised me to wear those compression stockings as pregnant woman (according to her) are more at risk of getting deep vein thrombosis. This was what she recommended to all her patients no matter what gestation and it was only a recommendation not a condition of travel. Needless to say I didn't wear the stockings as I hate them with a passion.

You also don't need to notify the airline until you're in your 3rd trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybump08 View Post
    I flew to NZ at 10wks & back at 12wks. My ob just advised me to wear those compression stockings as pregnant woman (according to her) are more at risk of getting deep vein thrombosis. This was what she recommended to all her patients no matter what gestation and it was only a recommendation not a condition of travel. Needless to say I didn't wear the stockings as I hate them with a passion.

You also don't need to notify the airline until you're in your 3rd trimester.
    I'm off to NZ for two weeks in about 10 days, I'm 12 weeks the day we leave - my GP said no problem, she seemed surprised I even bothered to ask! She didn't mention the stockings, but I might just in case

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think it's an issue at all. I have flown plenty of times during all trimesters. It was only past 35 weeks that I stopped.